Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Find out what your inner values are. (Value Purchasing Exercise)
6/2/2007 5:04:06 PM

I have run a few workshops on meditation and life skills. I called the workshop "Butterflies to Eagles". 

One of the Exercises I used in the workshop is a GREAT way to find out a little about yourself that maybe you did not know.  Everyone should do an Exercise like this "before" you set your goals, because your goals have to be in line with your values or you wont give 100% to obtain the goal.

Below is a "Value Purchasing" Exercise for you to complete.

In order to avoid cheating you have to request me to email you, through adland, the results formula. I do not need to know your score, so take 45 minutes to do this and you will find it most revealing.

Neil

Butterflies and Eagles (level 1)

Breaking out of your cocoon.

Value Purchasing Exercise

Below is a list of 34 items on which you may spend an imaginary $2,000. Read the list carefully.

In the space to the right of each item write down how much money you would spend to buy that item

on the open market. Only allocate money to those items you really want to have. Imagine you have

nothing now. Spend all of the $2,000. No more, no less. If you find you have over-spent, go back

over the list and reallocate. Do the same if you have under-spent.

ITEMS TO BE BOUGHT                                                                                     AMOUNT BUDGETED

1. A chance to rid the world of prejudice and bigotry.   

2. To be able to serve the sick or needy and/or to assist others in leading more fulfilling lives.

3. The guarantee of becoming a famous figure (movie star, sports hero, astronaut, author).

4. To create and actualize a proposal that triples your companies earnings.                    

5. A daily massage, and the world's finest cuisine from the world's best chef.

6. Perfect insight into the meaning of life.     

7. To lead your life being consistent in thought, word and action. 

8. The opportunity to always set your own working conditions and do your own thing  without anyone directing you.  

9. To be one of the richest people in the world.

10. To be President Prime Minister or King of any Country 

11. A perfect relationship.

12. A house overlooking a beautiful view, filled with your favorite works of art.  

13. To be one of the most attractive people in the world. 

14. To live without illness until death. 

15. Peace of Mind. 

16. The most complete library of great books for your own private use.  

17. Harmony with God, doing God's work.

18. A way to create fairness and equal opportunity around the world. 

19. The resources to be able to establish a foundation that truly serves people. 

20. To be chosen Outstanding Person of the year in your field and be praised in every news paper in the world.

21. To set and achieve a near impossible goal.

22. Time with nothing to do but enjoy yourself, with all needs and desires automatically met.

23. To be one of the wisest people in the world. 

24. To have "honesty serum" in the worlds water supply.  

25. To be emotionally and financially independent of others. 

26. To own an Alaskan Oilfield.

27. To influence the lives of people throughout the world.  

28. To perfectly express your loving and caring 

29. Unlimited travel and tickets to attend any concert, play, opera, art show or ballet. 

30. A total makeover: new hairstyle, whole new wardrobe, yearly privileges at a luxury  beauty spa,  Plastic surgery where wanted.

31. To be in great physical shape.  

32. To feel good about yourself and express your feelings comfortably. 

33. To absorb knowledge easily and then retain it and to be able to express it well. 

34. Unlimited time to spend with great spiritual leaders, past or present.  

Okay- once you have carefully allocated an amount for the items that appeal to your values....

Click ----->  <----- click

For those who have not done this test yet - please take the time to do it. See how valuable it really is to your personal goal planning! The result page is hosted on the above link!

The link above has the complete test on one page.... results page as well.... just be sure NOT to cheat !

Do the test fully before you check out the answers.

Here it the link again!

Click ----->  <----- click

LOL - I placed the result page on a free dating page.

For those with Firewalls that  block some links showing up here at Adland

... here it is written.

http://www.clubyeah.com/dating/doverblue

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Find out what your inner values are. (Value Purchasing Exercise)
6/3/2007 8:05:49 PM

Hi Neil,

I do not often get an opportunity to spend $2000 at one time.  So for me this is going to be fun.  LOL

I am a "discriminating shopper" - it could take me a while.

See you tomorrow on Adland email!!!

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/3/2007 8:44:12 PM

Judy

How ya been.... ??? :-)

I've been working 80-90 hours a week between JOB and online.... have not had time to browse many forums toi say hi as I like to do.

This Value Purchasing exercise is GREAT!

People I had take the test all fine tuned their goals in line with their values and their olives were much happier and productive. I found it revealed some things about myself I never put into words or thoughts before and it helped me a lot too!

Take you time with it.... have fun.... and most of all "use" the info it reveals in a productive way.

Look forward to your comments upon completion!

Neil

+0
6/3/2007 8:47:17 PM

I enjoyed doing this test as it showed me that my goals are fairly, if not, right on with my values!  We tend to forget, though, about our values as we are chasing our goals.  This exercise is great to help you keep your values on track with your goals!

Thank you so much for sharing it freely as with all the other great info you have listed in your forum!  I plan to revisit this forum often to help me keep on trucking!!

God Bless - Ed & Denise :)

God Bless, Ed & Denise Becker
+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/4/2007 9:11:57 AM

Ed and Denise

I'm glad you find this helpful.... and very happy that you find the other threads in my forum of value.

So---- Keep on Trucking!

Neil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!