Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What Does Your Press Release Say ?
5/3/2007 2:12:10 PM
With any business, there comes a time when you need to let the world (or your targeted market) know that you are open for business, or as an established business you are coming out with something brand new. Press releases are the answer.

But you just can't write something, send it and wham! it's there. Oh, no. there are guidelines to follow or your press release gets canned fast. So fast it makes deleting Spam look slow.

Each PR company has it's guidelines, some offering free submission to paid (that can range from $30 to Hundreds of dollors for one submission).

Now, before you go running to get your news out what is your news? PRs are generally for those that have their own business. Some PR sites ask you register each business you own if you are going to submit for each business.

Next is what you say. You cannot submit your salescopy as your PR. It'll get dumped. A press release has to say why your business is news worthy. And there is more but you will need to do your studies to find out.

Will you be successful in your first attempt? Rarely is anyone. Just study and read other PRs to get a feel for it.

Sooner or later you'll make it if you follow the rules and stay persistant.

Here's a PR that is mine and you can see what I mean above.

Kenneth R Sword Jr Releases BusinessMaker X-Files Business System

Best to you and your business.

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Jude Sutton

17 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What Does Your Press Release Say ?
5/3/2007 2:56:00 PM
Hi, I've been on here for 6+ years and have never thought about a Press Release. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to put one together or where to submit it. Jude
Jude Sutton Cagora.com http://tinyurl.com/2rb34c The Culinary Companion http://tinyurl.com/yu69zt
+0
Kyle Watters

441 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/3/2007 3:27:40 PM

Press releases are great but better than your own press release is someone else like a well known author or somone like that writing about you in a positive press release.

kyle

PR is great

Need a website? Have a website but could use some changes or a new look? Maybe some Traffic help? Starting a small business? come see us www.designandhostingservice.com
+0
5/3/2007 3:35:05 PM
Hello Kyle,

You are right for PR sites that allow it. It's always more persuasive to have another write it for you.

Thanks for the addition to the topic and welcome to AdlandPro.

Kenneth

+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/4/2007 10:24:38 AM
Hi Kenneth!  :-)

Awesome my friend!  I have always just paid someone in the past.  But, I haven't done a release in years.  Thank for the reminder at how powerful of a tool this can be! 

And yours is awesome by the way!  Thanks for doing what you do!

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!