Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: TWENTY SIXTH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
5/1/2007 7:21:38 PM

Hi Everybody,

What a great feature. Kubler-Ross certainly was an amazing woman.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2007 3:54:11 PM
Thank you John and Luella for another wonderful forum.

Elisabeth Ross is a great choice, and I so enjoyed reading her biography.  It is a true inspiration of courage. 

I really thank you both for presenting this valuable feature to us.  I look forward to your invites and know I am always going to learn something new and special.

Bless you both,  Jill
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2007 5:54:05 PM

Hello Amanda,

What you say is so very true.  I see Elisabeth's work fading into the background as the medical community becomes more and more involved in making money.  I see very tired and apathetic staff members.  

We now live in a society  where people need to make a difference.  When one sees a need, if they are able, they need to step up and fill it the best they can.  Big business and the quest for money and power seems to be taking over the world.  Everybody is too busy trying to survive, trying to make ends meet.

My love is the elderly.  I visit a local nursing home weekly and do a bible study with anyone who wishes to attend, we also have fun, sing songs, and visit. I make sure I know their schedule and whenever there is a birthday party I make sure to buy a little token gift and attend the party.  These seniors are friends more than anything.  I don't go to do a bible study, or to perform a service.  I go to see my friends.  It makes such a difference in their lives and mine also.  This has expanded a bit to where I have been asked to visit a shut in. 

These seniors have fears, fears about not feeling well, fears of dying, fear of the unknown.  They know that this is the last stop, to put it bluntly, and so many do not have anyone to pay attention to them.  They need someone to listen to them, to tell them it will be all right, to laugh with them, and sometimes to just cry with them.  These are our mothers and fathers who have been placed in these facilities, as life goes on for the rest of us.  They need to know that life is not passing them by, but that they are a part of life.

This is why I was so very thrilled to read about Elisabeth.  I had been using her methods, first with my mother, and now with these dear people. 

I cry at how impersonal medicine has become.  We need to put the humanity back in it.  If they won't do it, somebody has to.

Hugs,

Luella

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2007 5:56:48 PM

Hello Sharon!

Wasn't Elizabeth amazing?  What made her so great was the caring with which she lived her life.  Every step she took, she took with love for others.

Hugs,

Luella and John

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2007 5:58:45 PM

Hello Deborah!

I am so glad you enjoyed this week's feature.  Elisabeth Kubler-Ross was one in a million.

Hugs,

Luella and John

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!