Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: TWENTY SIXTH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
5/1/2007 11:29:28 AM

Hello Nick!

It is always wonderful to see you!  We learn from those who came before us.  These are great footsteps to follow.

Hugs,

Luella and John

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2007 11:32:26 AM

Hello LaNell!

You are familiar with her work, how awesome!  I am going to pick up "On Death and Dying" and familiarize myself with her work.  Although we all have heard a bit of her teachings throughout life.  Now we know who the teacher was.

Hugs,

Luella and John

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2007 11:34:59 AM

Hello Geketa!

I am so glad you enjoyed her life's story.  You know that even now, she's making a difference!

Hugs,

Luella and John

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2007 7:10:36 PM
Hello Luella,

Thank you for featuring another inspiring woman
of courage.

In my Care Giving training we learned about the
5 steps of dying, although I did not remember who
the author was - now I know.

Not meaning to put a damper on this forum yet I feel I still must add - Until Administration in Care Facilities stop thinking about making a profit from their residents by charging for extra services and let their staff of caring men and women attend to the residents emotional care - not just their physical needs which is mostly been done (spiritual is often taken care of by visiting pastors etc) and charging these residents for this extra time. All that Elizabeth started will be lost.

So many caring staff have left because they were not able to do what they do best - Care for the residents,
talking and listening with them one on one. Doing the extra little niceties that one would do for another.

Kind regards
Amanda

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2007 7:18:52 PM

Wow Luella, I have never heard of Elisabeth Kubler Ross. I must say this was an amazing story. I Love to learn new things also. Thank you for bringing this Woman of Courage to us this week.

Peace, Sharon

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!