Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
5/7/2007 7:56:14 AM

Kenneth

I have posted a link in my forum to your's. I really feel that alot of the people here need to visit this thread in your forum, and show us all a little respect.

Hope you don't mind, if you do, I will delete it.

Thanks

Bj

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
6/11/2007 5:29:47 PM

Hey there how are ya Kenneth? Hows Bizzy Blogs doing?? Thanks for the posting on what Spamming is for us in here and elswhere. Cya round. Enjoy your week... Come post something to feature of weeks forums Sunday Showcase http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/693189.aspx

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/12/2007 3:40:16 AM

Hi, Kenneth et al,

Yesterday I made the following post to my 'Whose forums are these, anyway?' http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/578007/13/ShowThread.aspx

I don't think anybody was notified.

This post was in response to a feeling of sheer incredulity at what is happening in these forums and the paucity of constructive, challenging or even interesting content.

Unless the debaters, the thinkers, the challengers, those who can discuss or the simply catankerous win back these forums, the future is Spam.

In February I started a post with the following:-

Heaven forbid that I should be ever 'all right' or 'all wrong'. the reason I like forums is that they give me the opportunity to explore the minds and thoughts of other people and see how they might fit into my own perceptions. If everybody was to agree - there would be no point in the exercise.

Now I know, though, just who these forums belong to.

They belong to a new illiterati to whom a discussion is something to put a CD on so that it does not get scratched.

They belong to a morally challenged crew who think that 'respect' is the same as consensus.

They belong to a crew seriously lacking in self confidence.

They belong to a narcisistic crowd who simply cannot ever contemplate that what they feel about themselves could ever be anything but God's own truth.

They belong to a shifty and devious bunch who would deny the forums to those of us who don't keep our CDs on discussions.

They belong to a minority who will squeal 'no respect!', 'no respect!'  at the hint of anything that does not reek of 'ooh, lovely' or 'sparkly picture'.

They belong to a crew that will see anything they do not have the instant cognisance of as something about which to complain.

Thankfully there are still a few good forums here but the steady, general decline in both content and challenge has brought the vast majority to a little above the 'good morning, what a lovely day' level. 

I have been accused too often of posting without 'respect' and, to put it mildly, I really could not care less what my accusers think and squeek.

I know that I have given the utmost respect to everybody to whom I have ever addressed a response but, unfortunately, must now accept that the situation in which I found myself was one of 'pearls before swine'.

How can respect register upon someone who is only out to find disrespect and wouldn't know respect if it jumped up and bit them?

Adland awake!

Lose your forums and what else is there?

SPAM!

The Old Coot

p.s. If you find this post offensive, good. It was meant to be!

These forums were once the centrepiece of an organisation that had the world at its feet. They are now merely a foretaste of what is to come.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2007 1:04:20 PM
Hi Arthur and anyone else still reading, In regards to the post you made on the forum you mentioned "Whose forums are these anyway. I doubt anyone was notified as they did not click on "notify me when someone posts on this forum". My guess is that there are no readers but the owner and a couple of other people. If you find that you can't get a good discussion going anywhere you are probably right. First you are a deep thinker and 90% of the general population can't carry on a heated discussion with you. As one of the 90 % who have trouble following your train of thought I am many times unable to answer in an intelligent way. For some typing is a challenge and time consuming. So how can one get a large number of posts, you got it "SPAM". One learns a quick response that is generic and can be used anywhere. It is possible to read the responses from some people and identify them by the message without ever looking at the pic, name, or ads. Having a discussion with them will be an impossibility. So then the question becomes "If my responses are generic and fit most forums", is that spam? Mind you they are not speaking to the subject (that's spam) but it is a friendly response acknowledging the forum subject. Arthur, admit that not all can spar with you on your level. Most here are seeking to advertise, posting to large numbers of forums and threads is addictive. Knowing that, choose to associate with those who are thinking like you. That will be few, but the quality will be great. Ken, spam seems to have slowed down but it will again lift its ugly head periodically.
+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 2:03:44 AM

Hi Kenneth

And Mary, truer words could not be spoken.  I was just sitting here going through all my messages in my email, and I get hundreds everyday from Adland.  And I kind of go through and weed out the ones that are the same old thing, day in and day out.  I mean enough of something is enough you would think.

Anyway, I'm sitting over here typing up a list of things that really iritate me, and then I decide, no, I'm going to use another approach, I'm going to write about what makes my day.  And the one thing that I will be putting in this list, is not to receive any spam from anyone from anywhere.  Just one day of not seeing this would truly make my day.  When I get my list together, I'm going to post it in a thread in my forum.  You will all know if, because I will title it: Things That Make My DAY..

I really don't mean to sound so harsh, or uncaring.  And I have met some wonderful people here at Adland. But, some of these people just don't know when to stop.  Just like you said, it's Addictive.  I'd like to see more of 'People helping People'. Not someone trying to shove something down someone's throat all the time. 

That's why I like this forum, and people like Kenneth and You and several others.  This is what I come to adland for, is to learn and enjoy getting together with some friends on occassion joking and having fun.  Yes, I want to make money, but not at the expense of losing alot of friends and being banned from Adland and everywhere else.

I guess I've run on enough, thanks Kenneth for allowing me to blow a little steam.

Bj Burgess

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!