Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
8/4/2007 1:35:46 PM
Hi Kenneth, I am so pleased that you have kept this forum alive. In the past few minutes I have observed spammers and yes I added the (s) playing spam tag. The first person has gone to forums that are unused and posted an ad. I call that person the shark. Right behind the shark comes the leech. This person watches for the pop ups of the shark then follows behind with an ad. It is sad to say that of those 2 one has been told and told not to spam forums with repeated ads. This admotion has fallen on deaf ears. The drive to post everywhere and anywhere is an addiction that seems to be unstoppable.
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
8/4/2007 2:19:59 PM
Sorry to say Mary but Kenneth is not with us anymore, he has gone to bigger and better things outside of ALP. Hope all is well. Enjoy your day Mary.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2007 2:27:20 PM

Amen,  Mary :)

This person doesn't care who or what they spam... it's just a form of increasing their post totals.. it's Pitiful to say the least..

There are so many more important things in life than Total Posts... like for instance, FRIENDS... :)

Have a good weekend you guys! I know I will! :)

~Monica

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2007 2:29:11 PM

Hello Mary

I saw your post and I just had to come by and see.  I do believe I know who you are talking about.  I'm not sure which is the shark and which is the leech.

But, I've starting deleting their post when they come to my forum and they post spam...

When I ask for your input on How to Bake an Apple Pie, then that's what I expect from my posters.  Not their business opportunity.  I have a thread just for business opportunitie, and that's where they can post til their hearts content.

If we continue to let the shark and the leech do this, then they will continue spamming. We have to stop them dead in their tracks.  So one of them I have banned from my forum.  They don't understand pure and simple DO NOT SPAM.

Bj

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/4/2007 3:15:59 PM

Hi, Mary,

The spammers are more to be pitied than cursed.

Their problem is that they are too ill informed on, and pig ignorant of, how to build relationships.

Unfortunately all the roogoos tell these simple minded people to post on forums, blogs and anything else they can get their 'message' on to.

How many ads do you get to say you can email 2,300,000 people - SPAM FREE -  every day? That is a common ad here on Adland.

I wonder what their definition of 'spam' is.

It's a bit like many petty crooks, if they put as much effort into legitimate enterprise, they would probably do a lot better - they just don't want to be told because they have their ebook from roogoo Elijah - and it is their Bible.

Sad.

The Old Coot

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!