Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Some statistics that make you go Mmmmmm
4/28/2007 10:41:35 PM

My dear friends,  

Most of you are by now familiar with the Breast Cancer 3-Day and my participation in the 60 mile walk over the course of 3 consecutive days benefiting the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Breast Cancer Trust, funding crucial research, education, awareness and treatment. 

Many of you may not, however, know why I do this & will continue to do this till the cure is realized. Aside from my own personal experience and that of several of my immediate family members, the following statistics need to change, and I and my fellow walkers are attempting to help change them:

Did you know that 2,030 men in the USA will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007?

Did you know that 178,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer will occur in women in the USA in 2007 and 40,460 USA women will die in 2007 from this disease?

Did you know in the USA, a women has @ a one-in-eight lifetime chance of being diagnsed with breast cancer?  One-in-eight may be good odds in a lottery, but in the women's health realm, those odds stink!

The good news? The funding that goes into research, education and treatment has helped increase the 5-year survival rate from 80% in in the 1950's to over 95% in 2007! That's what your donations have helped do so far! I would love to see a ten-year survival rate of 95%!

If you love a woman, you owe it to yourself, and to every mother, grandmother, daughter and friend in your life to help find the cure! Too many have already fallen, and many more are engaged in the battle against this disease. Please make sure that every woman in your life gets her annual check-up because early detection is her best protection!

PLEASE, support this cause! Please e-mail this to everyone you know! Every little bit helps!  Instead of folks spending that 5 bucks for a cup of gourmet coffee or that fast food lunch, they can spend it this week to help us find the cure!  All donations are tax deductible, and a copy of our IRS 501(c)3 is available, should you want or need a copy.

Just CLICK HERE to go to my Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk site and make a contribution!

My Walking Placard reads as follows:

I walk in support of survivors Jenifer Lee Diener, Teri MacLeod, Karen Estep, Alice Anderson and Sandra Woolard and in memory of Carmella DelCorso, Priscilla Kosen, Neena Lou Summers, Priscilla Tighe, Susie Green, Jean Marie Lockhart, Barbara Scidone, Margaret Lavalle, Fern Lefebre, Sue Brey, Ruth Binnie,  Lisa Harrison and Suzie MacKenzie

If you have a loved one whose name you'd like added to the list, just e-mail me at 3daywalker@cfl.rr.com .

Please accept the deepest thanks from myself & for all of those awaiting a cure, for your generosity and your support. My walking 60 miles is the easy part. Having to deal with this disease is what takes the strength & courage. I can promise each of you that I will continue to walk until this disease is eradicated.

Have hope, use strength, be courageous & keep the faith - the cure will be found because

EVERYONE DESERVES A LIFETIME...............

Have a truly magnificent weekend,

JeanMarieThe Breast Cancer 3-Day

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0