Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
From U.S. Senator Diane Fienstien
4/27/2007 12:58:19 PM

Dear The Rev. richmond:

Thank you for writing to express your concern about violence against women around the world. I appreciate hearing from you on this very important issue.

Like you, I am deeply concerned about the widespread phenomenon of violence against women, both domestically and abroad.

For this reason, I have cosponsored and supported many pieces of legislation regarding this issue in the United States Senate. I strongly advocated for passage of the "Violence Against Women Act" (VAWA) in 2000, the most comprehensive bill Congress has ever passed on this issue. VAWA authorizes critical funding for law enforcement and prosecution, battered women's shelters and services, and the national violence hotline.

To address global violence against women, I have supported the "Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2005," which became public law in January 2006, to establish rehabilitation programs for victims of human trafficking and reinforce global prevention measures. In the 110th Congress, I am a cosponsor of the "Afghan Women Empowerment Act of 2007," as well as a resolution commending the Kingdom of Lesotho for passing a law to improve the rights of married women in the country.

Please know that I am strongly committed to reducing violence against women around the world and will keep your thoughts in mind as I consider future legislation on this issue. For your review, I have enclosed my statement in recognition of Women's History Month.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any further questions or comments, please visit my website at http://feinstein.senate.gov, or contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Statement by Senator Feinstein in Recognition

of Women's History Month

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: From U.S. Senator Diane Fienstien
4/27/2007 1:20:24 PM

Dear Thomas...Thank-you for writing and actively advocating for women where ever they may be...The reality is that women have had  - to be polite maligned for genrations and the terrible things that have happened not through their free will has been disgusting..no ifs and or buts.  That being said I must also say that i am first and foremost a humanist...and what I see being done to men today is still very much in the closet...all too often men will not talk openly about the injustice of what they are going through..I can give you example after example of what men have been going through..from lack  of rights to being with their  children... spousal abuse and even sexual abuse....the tide has changed if you will in so many ways..women are now ,more aggressive and way more violent than men..this is statistically proven by the way...In fairness I truly believe we need to advocate for all people regardless of their gender...

Thank-you for letting me speak my thoughts..i know for a fact that many will not agree with me..but that is ok..i am speaking with facts and truth..i will fight for and protect any gender that is being hurt..

Peace and light to you

Diane

+0
In a nutshell
4/27/2007 1:49:26 PM

In the last days perilous times shall come, men shall be lovers of pleasures and lovers of themselves .

I'm afraid when a man tries to use his own brute strength to obtain the things that he wants, it only brings sorrow and defeat to him and all he tries to deal with.

We are to serve God in fear and in trembling, yeilding our lives to him continually to enable us to conquer the old man.

The old carnal man lust for things in every manner yet does not know how to obtain it.

This world was created by God and works according to his laws and His Holy Word. If we don't abide in Him and learn His ways how shall we function and be happy.

Violance towards women comes thru man's own ignorance of God and God's word.

God knows what is best for all men and he will not withhold any good thing from anyone. But they must first learn to trust Him so that they can go about getting the things that they want the right way.

When we try to go about it our own way we only reject God's way and we end up in sin bound by those sins and our enemy Satan.

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life. He that cometh to me though he were dead yet shall he live thru faith in me.

We must live in Christ to truly have the life that we want. We don't know what we need but God knows because He made us and fashioned us with His own hands.

Everything we are except the evil was made by God. And He knows what we have need of before we ask. Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of Lights in whom there is no variableness neither shadow of turning.

We know evil is not of God but of that wicked one the Devil.

Jesus went everywhere when He was here preaching repentance and Faith in God commanding all to repent and to be saved thru Faith in Him and God.

Has it changed today? Has God changed His mind one little bit?

God is the same yesterday,today and forever. He said I change not therefore ye sons of men are not destroyed. Because God is ever merciful, kind and gentle to all men not willing that any should perish but that all come to repentance.

Long Patience has God waited to recieve the fruits of His creation to His glory and Praise.

What manner of person ott we to be?

God is going to judge both the living and the dead in the end. And we know that the time is nearer than it has ever been.

So all men should be praying and fasting waiting for the coming of the Lord.

But some say where is the coming of the Lord has not it always been like this since the days of old.

Show us a sign when these things shall be.

Jesus said no sign shall be given to this generation.

So we ott to take more earnest heed to what has been spoken from the beginning all the way til now. Jesus said I come quickly as a thief in the night.

What I say to you I say to all, Watch and pray lest that hour come upon you quickly and you be not found ready.

So men I say to you love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it.

Turn from your evil ways to God and He will heal your souls and change your lives for the good of yourselves and the good of all man kind.

Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

Sincerely,

Jessie

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: In a nutshell
4/27/2007 2:20:16 PM

How sweet Jessie Thank you. Now that is what i call studying the Scriptures! Amen!

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: From U.S. Senator Diane Fienstien
4/28/2007 11:15:13 PM

My Dear Brother Thomas

I truly believe this picture says paragraphs of words - Peace And Love Always!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!