Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The drug company lobbyists want to Govern our natural food supplements!
4/21/2007 11:14:07 AM

Please sign the Natural Solutions Foundation Citizen’s Petition now

Our government is trying to pass a bill that caters to the FDA's plan to take all "food supplements" off the market so that the FDA can have control over this segment of the choices that people now have to use supplements rather than medications. The drug companies lobbyists are MANY, and, believe it or not they are very generous with the drug companies money. Yes folks! Please, read below.

What the Citizen’s Petition Is About

When you think about a petition, do you see yourself in front of the grocery store signing a piece of paper with some fifty-odd names on a card table, with a plastic table cloth and a hand lettered sign?
Well, a Citizen’s Petition is a very different tool for action. A Citizen’s Petition is a legal means to focus a government agency’s attention on an issue of concern to you. Once a Citizen’s Petition has been entered, a “docket” to debate is opened and public comment is accepted. A Citizen’s Petition does have one thing in common with the more familiar ones, though. Any number of people can add their names to it and become co-petitioners.
The current pro-Codex Alimentarius policy of the U.S. Codex Office is in violation of U.S. law. With our Citizen’s Petition, we are asking the U.S. government to change its policy on Codex Alimentarius to comply with U.S. law.
The Natural Solutions Foundation Citizen’s Petition is a ground-breaking legal approach to compel the US Government to amend its Codex Policies, hold public hearings and move from a pro-illness Codex position to a pro-health one.
If we don’t like the response, the law allows us to proceed to court.
So far, about 30,000+ people have joined our petition. And what’s more, three members of Congress have written a Congressional Letter in support of our Citizen’s Petition.
When you click on the link below, you will be sending this letter to the US Codex Manager, Dr. Edwin Scarbrough, and Dr. Barbara Schneeman, Head of the FDA’s Office of Nutritional Products:
F. Edward Scarbrough, PhD
US Manager for Codex
US Department of Agriculture
South Building, Room 4861
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington DC 20250
Barbara Schneeman, PhD
Director,
Office of Nutritional Products
Food and Drug Administration
5600 Fishers Lane Rockville MD 20857-0001
Dear Drs. Schneeman and Scarbrough:
I am deeply concerned about health and health freedom in the US under the continuing assault of both Codex Alimentarius and those domestic forces which seek to undermine my access to natural health promotion options (including nutritional supplements and clean, unadulterated food). Therefore I wish to join the Natural Solutions Foundation in urging you to support the adoption and implementation through legislation and regulation of the Revised Vitamin and Mineral Guideline (VMG) which would put the US in a position of Codex Compliance per our Vitamin and Mineral laws and regulations (thus avoiding the possibility of huge WTO trade sanctions in disputes around those nutrients). This Revised VMG would, at the same time, strengthen and solidify the principles of DSHEA for the benefit of the health of both the populace and the Wellness Industry. Please direct Codex Delegates to foster those policies and do so in your domestic policy dealings as well.
I urge you to adopt US Codex policies which support of the spirit and the letter of the protective tradition, regulation and legislation representing the best of public policy. Those policies should be strictly in line with US law preventing harmonization with any international standard or guideline which conflict or contradicts United States law as specified in the Citizen Petition and its Amendments provided to your offices by the Natural Solutions Foundation.
I wish to join the petition and add my voice to those of other Americans who want their health and health freedom supported by their government domestically and internationally in support of the positions, hearing requests and Revised Vitamin and Mineral Guideline presented in that Petition as delineated in the most recent Amendment (submitted to you on October 14, 2005 by the Natural Solutions Foundation), and to the Secretaries of Agriculture, Health and Human Services, Commerce, Transportation, Commissioners of the EPA and FDA, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the Majority and Minority leaders of both Houses of Congress.
Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. Codex standards, guidelines and regulations threaten our rights and laws in serious ways by lowering the protective bar to satisfy trade, not health, considerations. This is highly detrimental to us all and is a violation of the significant protection offered to us in this country by laws like DSHEA and similar statutes.
Please bring US Codex Policy and activities of the US Codex Office and FDA in line with US law and protective public policy.
Yours in health and freedom,
(Your Full Name)
(Your Full Address)
(Your email address)
This important letter adds your name to the growing number of people who are making it clear that the US Codex policy violates their wishes AND violates US law.

Please sign the Natural Solutions Foundation Citizen’s Petition now.

I have a house for sale. Please take a look and tell your Florida-bound friends. http://133circledrive33905.com I will pay the person who refers a qualified buyer. Thanks, Joan
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The drug company lobbyists want to Govern our natural food supplements!
4/21/2007 12:36:01 PM

Hi Joan,

Ready to sign but can't find a link to the actual petition either here or on your Web Page.  Any Advice?

I Appreciate Your Efforts,

Phil B. 

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/21/2007 12:40:32 PM
Hello joan,
yes we need the link,Kathy Hamilton
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
The drug company lobbyists want to Govern our natural food supplements!
4/21/2007 3:31:37 PM

Sorry, Thought it was there. Ok, got to find it. Be right back!!!

OK...It's sorta fixed. I can't get rid of the html coding but the link works...Thanks for the heads up guys...

I have a house for sale. Please take a look and tell your Florida-bound friends. http://133circledrive33905.com I will pay the person who refers a qualified buyer. Thanks, Joan
+0
Judy Woodson

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/21/2007 5:23:01 PM

Thanks for the link, Judy.

I did sign. Happy Earth Day!

Judy ; )

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!