Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Canadians - Make your Mortgage Interest Tax Deductible
4/17/2007 8:00:41 PM

Friends

I love Canada and believe it is one of the best places on earth to live- however we pay higher taxes than much of the developed world, plus the gap between the rich and the poor continually widens.

One tax break that I personally believe would make a difference to the low to middle class would be to make interest paid on your personal residence mortgage, a tax deductible expense.

Most of USA has this tax break - Much of Europe,  the UK and Australia have a variations of this tax break.

It is argued that in the USA they pay capital gains when their house is sold- however in most states both the husband and the wife are allowed $250,000 in capital gains income without paying a dime - that would mean a husband and wife could make a total of one half a million tax free.

It does not matter to me - what party you stand behind and vote for - but if you think that making mortgage interest tax deductible is a good idea - please drop by my site and send a letter like I did to ALL the party leaders.....

I wont be making this type of forum a regular event - however I strongly stand on this idea and hope you are accepting of my "ONE" forum on this matter....

If you agree with me- please go to http://politics.clubyeah.com/doverblue and read more... I have some letters ready to copy paste and mail if you support this endeavor.... plus of course you could send the page link to others.

Thanks For your time

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Canadians - Make your Mortgage Interest Tax Deductible
7/16/2007 11:48:40 PM

Tax Freedom day in Canada was June 20th....

Canadians celebrate Tax Freedom Day on June 20th

On June 20th, Canadians paid off the total tax bill imposed on them by government and finally started working for themselves, according to The Fraser Institute's annual Tax Freedom Day calculations.

"If you look at the average Canadian family's total tax bill, each and every dollar they earn before June 20 would be required to pay the taxes owing to all levels of government. It takes until June 20 before they begin earning money for themselves," said Niels Veldhuis, the Institute's director of the Centre for Tax Studies.

The Institute calculates Tax Freedom Day to provide a comprehensive indicator of the total amount of taxes paid by the average Canadian family to all three levels of government: federal, provincial, and local.

Read the news release.

Also - Canadians - make sure you drop by http://politics.clubyeah.com/doverblue to join the movement to make Mortgage Interest on your personal home - a Tax deductable expense as it is in USA, Europe and other places.

Neil

I encourage you to "Be Active in Government Issues!"

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!