Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Mythology Behind Global Warming
4/13/2007 5:10:30 PM
It's our responsibility to keep this planet, our land, air and water, clean, not just for ourselves, but for every creature and new generation arriving here.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2007 5:14:27 PM
Amanda, Wow ! I was one of the mothers who used the cloth diapers, washed and reused them for 2 years. I breast fed ! And I have been a recycler since the 60s. I used a bicycle to go places for pleasure and to work when I had a new car in driveway... AND oh mmm I believe in ZERO population growth. Nobody should have more than one or two kids in their life time... And it would be great for mother earth if we had a generation that choose to not have kids at all but to devote their lives to making it a better place for the next generation... there are millions without good drinking water, irrigation and farm crops to feed ...
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2007 5:27:23 PM
Linda,

*lol* I had two children 26 months apart so I had cloth nappies for about
5 years all up.  Hanging them out in the sun and extra special was a windy
day to really fluff them up.  The sun took out any stains so the nappies were
aways white, just got thin over time and then they got used for dusters.
Every night I would fold them ready to put on the child.
Them were the 'good ole days' *grin*  Do I dare tell you that as a new
bride I had an agitator washing machine for the first 2 years before we bought
out automatic only because we could not get parts to keep the old machine working. Those old washing machines really got your clothes clean - much larger bowl and different agitation than the new machines!

Amanda

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/13/2007 7:14:54 PM

Dave

BRAVO - I agree 100%.

Jenny- note in Daves comment he mentioned the suns activity - THAT is the cause of your friends sun burn - man made pollutants may contribute to, but are not totally responsable for the decrease in the ozone - Sarturn and Mars have both been closer to earth than they will be for some 4000 years - if the moon effects our tides - don't you think the planets and the solar system effects our environment too?

There is only one thing constant in the universe, and that one thing is change!

It is always changing....

Drilling for oil in the artic has brought to surface from the wells evidence that there was once tropical forests where there is now nothing but Tundra.... the earth is shifting on it's axis - the sun's activity changes- the planets and moon effect us ....LOL the toe bone is connected to the foot bone... the foot to the ankle and so on....

Doomsday???? Who really knows? I for one enjoy every moment - because in reality all we ever have is the moment we are living in- ooops it just slipped onto the next!

Thanks Dave

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2007 7:52:55 PM
Hi Dave,

While I firmly believe we all have a responsibility to take care of our sacred mother earth, I also feel that there is much propoganda about global warming.

This is one of the most incredible sites I have seen in explaining that global warming may just be a result of the Photon Belt.  This is a whole new chapter in our life!

To me this is an exhilirating combination of ancient philosphers, modern day science and spirituality all coming together.   It is surely something for which we should all be aware.......and very soon!    :-)

You are so right when you say....dig in and find out what is really happening!  I for one, never miss that opportunity as you know..... LOL

Thank you for this great forum.

Bless you , Jill
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!