Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What I found as definition to Network Marketing ...
4/4/2007 2:58:41 PM
I just went to the 'wiki' to see how it would define "Network Marketing". Interesting what I found.

First, it directed me to "Multi-level marketing". Now read what it has to say.

Overview

In a typical multi-level marketing or network marketing arrangement, individuals associate with a parent company as an independent contractor or franchisee and are compensated based on their sales of products or service, as well as the sales achieved by those they bring into the business. This is like many franchise companies where royalties are paid from the sales of individual franchise operations to the franchisor as well as to an area or region manager.

In a legitimate MLM company, commissions are earned only on sales of the company's products or services. No money may be earned from recruiting alone ("sign-up fees"). One must analyze the compensation plan to determine whether participants are paid from actual sales to customers and not from money received from new recruits. If participants are paid primarily from money received from new recruits, then the company is an illegal pyramid or Ponzi scheme.

Some less legitimate companies produce revenues primarily by attracting new participants with the hope of reward and selling them products or services of dubious value at inflated prices, as opposed to selling products or services consumers would purchase at the given price without regard to the opportunity attached. One must evaluate the products or services and determine if a significant percentage of consumers would continue to purchase them if the participants do not make money from the underlying opportunity. If the products or services have dubious value or if the participants must purchase excessive quantities without reasonable intent to use or resell said items, then the company is likely a thinly veiled illegal pyramid scheme.

Multi-level marketing has a recognized image problem due to the fact that it is often difficult to distinguish legitimate MLMs from illegal scams such as pyramid or Ponzi schemes. MLM businesses operate legitimately in the United States in all 50 states and in more than 100 other countries, and new businesses may use terms like "affiliate marketing" or "home-based business franchising". However, many pyramid schemes try to present themselves as legitimate MLM businesses.

By what I am reading I must ask where does this place programs that are Matrix, forced matrix and any other program that counts on paying members to be the source of income into the program?

I know of one program that promotes a membership price of $995.00 and tells you that you will be paid $900.00 from every one that joins under you. First off, this is price gouging and is illegal. The membership and any possible product is so overinflated. And it purely states you get $900.00 from every $995.00 ?sale?

Compensation plans also tell alot and the more confusing they are the closer they are to being a scam is what history shows.

And these so called Fast-track bonuses, again a buy in on membership to raise fast money, not a product.

Views and opinions?

Kenneth R Sword Jr

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What I found as definition to Network Marketing ...
4/4/2007 3:38:33 PM

Hi, Kenneth,

I think this has been going around for some time but it is a simple fact that greed is the driving force that gets idiots to sign up repeatedly for a matrix where you are selling a product and expecting to do nothing to earn $000s.

The fact that the 'product' is available free and the basis of hundreds of other schemes seems to be irrelevant.

How many ads do you receive each day from Adland, alone, that tell you this one really works!!!?

I have no idea what a double, rotating, 3 x 9 forced matrix is but I do know that if I joined it and just one person entered one of the three legs each day and the same happened for them, I would have a downline in excess of the world's population within six months!!

Sounds so good - I think I'll sign up. PayPal OK?

Arthur

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 4:55:10 PM

Hi Ken,

Well, I am sure off base.  I thought network marketing was lateral.  I help you, you help me.  I promote you, you promote me.  We share ideas and pass them on to help someone else.  I think of networking like a fish-net.......all inter laced and working together to accomplish a task.

Never did I think of it as downlines and uplines let alone  a matrix .

In a matrix there is no relationship, just names.  Networking as I conceived of the idea, one builds relationships and develops business partners either for real or in assistance running our programs.

+0
Scott Kelley

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/4/2007 8:04:57 PM

Hi Kenneth,

I think what you looked up is correct. I think what you maybe looking for is Social Networking which is what we do here at AdLand Pro, Squidoo,Myspace,Digger and Blogs.

Here is the first paragraph:

A social network service is social software specifically focused on the building and verifying of online social networks for whatever purpose. Many social networking services are also blog hosting services. As of 2005, there are over three hundred known social networking web sites. MySpace, Facebook and Friendster are some well known examples.

Second:

Business applications

Social networks connect people with all different types of interests, and one area that is expanding in the use of these networks is the corporate environment. Businesses are beginning to use social networks as a means to connecting employees together and helping employees to build profiles. This makes them searchable and enables users to be connected with other business professionals.

One example of a business social network based in the USA is LinkedIn, a network that connects businesses by industry, functions, geography and areas of interest. Whilst in the UK an emerging online networking service is Bizmeed, which has similar tools to Linkedin, but is developing a live video conferencing feature, as well as actively promoting Bizmeed members through search engine optimisation .

Networks are usually free for businesses or at a low cost; this is very beneficial for entrepreneurs and small businesses looking to expand their contact base. These networks often act as a customer relationship management tool for companies selling products and services. Companies can also use social networks for advertising in the form of banners and text ads. Since businesses are expanding globally, social networks make it easier to keep in touch with other contacts around the world.

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/4/2007 11:43:01 PM

Hi, Mary,

Your conception is the correct one but it is NETWORKING  not network marketing that you are talking about!

Networking is simply the introduction of yourself and your services to as large a group of people as you can. This is done, usually, face to face and can be as simple as handing over a business card to someone that you meet.

Network marketing is simply the building of a network of inter-lnked suppliers of a product or service. The size of the network defines the over-charge for the product or service - the more levels in the network, the more people there are adding their commission to the final price.

One very popular network marketing product here, in Spain, costs seventeen times the price from the networkers as it does from a local health food shop.

As you so rightly said:-

In a matrix there is no relationship, just names.  Networking as I conceived of the idea, one builds relationships and develops business partners either for real or in assistance running our programs.

The Old Coot

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!