Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tips on Creating profiles, posting, inviting and more
4/3/2007 12:14:48 PM
Newly Updated 11/11/08

Please note: I am not an expert on AdlandPro and I have not been a member as long as some others. These are simply my <strong>common sense</strong> observations from my networking experiences and many other Adlander’s input.

About me page

Here you can let people know what you are all about, have personal photos, videos, personal philosophies, etc. If you don’t fill out your about me page then, how will people get to know you? This is your place to be a little creative, as well.

Advertising

There are many places to post ads here. Some forums have a special link to promote your opportunity, you can post your offers, free ads and also send out mail to your friends list from your credits. Please do not blatantly post ads in someone’s forum unless it is a link for that express purpose.

Here’s a Ad hot tip:

Set up a signature with your link in it to direct someone to your web site, blog or whatever. If you don’t know how, ask me how and I’ll email you the html code to do this.

Ask for help

Once you have your profile and pages set up, don't be afraid to have your spouse, friend or fellow adlander proofread them. Perhaps they'll see a glaring  error that will save you some embarrassment down the road.

Being Authentic

In a world of me-to’s you must be yourself. Trying to present yourself as something you are not  will be transparent. This is why I do not try to recruit everyone the minute I meet them. It is not my style. To me and also, to many other members, putting a hard sales pitch on us before we even know each other, will not work and actually repels us away from you. Remember the universal law of attraction can work for you or against you.

Forum Posting

Just be nice. leave the hateful comments about a person, company or product out of your posts as much as possible. If you are angry about someone's post then take a walk or bite your tongue before posting a reply. Sometimes it is best to just let what we take as offense against us go. Try to post things that are helpful and uplifting to others in our community. The AdlandPro community is a special safe place let’s try to keep it that way. Placing blatant ads in someones forum is just not cool. If you want a link to your site place it discreetly in your signature file.
I recommend that you use the spell check option as that catches some common errors and will keep others from forming opinions about your competence.

Forums - Making Yours

I, just like most of you, get lots of invites to forums. I read them but I only join a forum if it is something I see as worthy of my time. Think about this when you are deciding what kind of forum to start and it's title. Most of the forums I am invited to never get any posts or in many cases have no first post from the forum owner to get the ball rolling. If your forum is simply another self serving ad for your business then forgive us all when we choose not to join.

Friends - Making Them

AdlandPro encourages you to network and make friends. There are several ways to do this. Look at the adland toolbar and you will see reports. There are many catagories of people there to send invites to. You can also click on the profile links in several areas: Gender Location, Interests. For instance you could click a link in a profile that says stamp collecting and up would come everyone with that in their profile. You can also click the People Find link on the toolbar and search for someone by name, interest, industry, company affiliation, etc. If you are in a forum and someones post resonates with you, just click their picture to view their profile and you can invite them to be a friend.

Invitations

Many Adlanders are put off by invitations that do not call them by name or have a blatant sales message. Most adlanders are already in a program they like. To put a sales pitch on them before you are friends, is seen as highly out of line by many adlander's. It’s better to give something of value, rather than a sales pitch.

Links - Your’s

Within your profile you have posted a link to whatever program you see as your main one. This link, all the links in your about me and web pages need to be clicked to <strong>make sure they work.</strong> As mentioned above you can also have a link in your signature file. It is embarrassing and not productive when people try to follow your links and they do not work.

Picture in Your Profile

Get your picture added here asap. Add a real picture of you to your profile & save the company pics, Company Logo’s, Pet pics and children/grandchildren pics for your about me or photo page. View other peoples pages or look at mine for ideas. Adland doesn’t usually load large picture files so you (or a friend) may have to edit down the file size with Adobe or some other photo editing program. If by chance, you did load a large picture, remember: Large pics take a longer time to load once clicked, so you may tick some people off.

Profile - Your’s
Name: Here you should use your real name. If you are a female who is unsure about security, then do not list your last name. Just use an Initial. Listing a company name as your name here is not cool. There is a another place in your profile to put your company name. The more info you fill out in your profile the better. To me this is not the place to rattle on one minded about the merits of the company you are promoting. That is for your web page.

When filling out your interests there is a section called other for putting in special words that may describe things not listed like Calligrapher, entrepreneur, etc.

Now-a-days you can have a photo page or a blog on adland all linked right off your profile page.

Web page - Your Adlander Web Page

This is the place to go into detail about the business(s) you are involved in. Here I think learning rudimentary html is helpful to make your page more attractive. Please check your spelling as glaring errors can scare off the more meticulous among us. If you have a photo host you can add photo’s here. I like to be myself or or be authentic here. In a world of me-to’s you must be yourself. Trying to present yourself as something you are not here will be transparent.

This is why I do not try to recruit everyone the minute I meet them. To me and also, to many other members, putting a hard sales pitch on us before we even know each other, will not work and actually repels us away from you. Remember the universal laws of attraction can work for you or against you.

You can, if you think you can. You are somebody, cause God don't make no junk!
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Tips on Creating profiles, posting, inviting and more
4/3/2007 1:29:02 PM
Thank you Darryl

for your invite, this is really nice what you are trying to do here.

I would suggest, that first of all new members need to go around and participate in as many forums that interest them,there are some major events here, like our POTW which is a weekly event, vote there regulary and post too to get noticed, you get good exposure there, Joe's link gives you a real nice update on whats going on around here, once you post in a forum you opt to become a member of that forum, so as you go along posting here and there you get noticed. most of the time for what you say. If you gift is humor then be funny make friends laugh.  Like minded  members will surely pick you out, and ask you to be friends.

Another way is to get innovative,  heres what  our  friend Joe Downing is doing...take a look its interesting

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/632969.aspx

Be seen as much as possible is the secret to being successul here at adland !!!

Hope what I've said will help.

blessings always

Pauline R
+0
Annie Parker

225 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/3/2007 1:46:04 PM
Greetings! I, too, am new....really, really, really brand new! But I wanted to comment on your info. I could, and I could not agree with you more. The only real way you can have success in any area of life, that especially deals with people, is built only through relationsip, relationship, relationship, and honesty, honesty, honesty! Truth sometimes hurts, but I have found it is a great foundation for one's future good! Thank you for bringing this to light! Blessings in abundance! Annie
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....Leave the rest to God! Miss Annie http://www.Xoomaworldwide.com/theelijahspring
+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/3/2007 2:29:20 PM

Great tips! I'll be waiting for more!

Expect A Great Day!

Dan

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2007 2:39:23 PM

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the Invitation and thanks very much for such a helpful Forum.  It would have been great to have had this two years ago when I first joined.

Very Good Advice.  Referring new members to Reports, to look for new Friends, is far simpler than giving them the url as I have been doing.  Thanks for caring enough to share.

Have A Wonderful Easter,

Phil 

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!