Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro #11
4/2/2007 4:38:26 AM

It is our pleasure to bring you the

Arts Exhibitions at Adlandpro

An on-line exhibition of work by Artist and Craftsmen at Adlandpro
(A new exhibition every three weeks)

Exhibition No. 11
Featuring John Sokol
John has been a member of Adlandpro since January 2007. He is a remarkable talent. We are very pleased that he has agreed to let us show his work.  John is a writer as well as an artist.
If you are not a friend of John please invite him to be your friend.

About the Artist

John Sokol is a writer and painter living in Akron, OH.  He is a well known artist whose work has frequently appeared in exhibitions    His drawings and paintings are included in many public and private collections.  including   the Akron Art Museum and the Canton Museum of Art, both in his native State of Ohio.  His drawings and paintings have been reproduced on more than thirty-five book covers.

His poems have appeared in America, Antigonish Review, The Berkeley Poetry Review, Georgetown Review, New Millennium Writings, The New York Quarterly, and Quarterly West, among others.  His short stories have appeared in Akros, Descant, Mindscapes, The Pittsburgh Quarterly, Redbook, and other journals.  One of his stories has been translated into Danish, and, another, into Russian.  His drawings and paintings are included in many public and private collections. His chapbook, “Kissing the Bees,” won the 1999 Redgreene Press Chapbook Competition.  “In the Summer of Cancer,” a full collection of his poetry, is his latest book.

www.johnsokol-artist-author.com

The Arts Exhibitions Team

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro #11
4/2/2007 5:06:12 AM
Hello everyone,

To say we are pleased to have John's exhbition  is possibly the understatement of the year!! It is an enormous privilege to be able to see these paintings on the pages of AdlandPro.  And an enormous honour to have such an extraordinary artist as a member of our Community.

John,  I have no words, except to say  thanks you for  allowing us to show your work and that I am saving up my pennies -I know just where I want to hang it!

Saludos and thanks
Jenny

+0
Sonia Lawrence

231 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/2/2007 7:43:30 AM

Congratulations John.  Good job!  Thanks for sharing.  God bless.

Sonia

+0
Victoria Hurst

648 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/2/2007 7:45:54 AM

John,

Thank you for sharing your work.  Great job all the best.

Vicky

+0
Paula Randolph

220 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/2/2007 8:12:36 AM

Hi John & Team,

Thank you for this beautiful art exhibition.I love the frog painting.

The Ladybug Lady

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!