Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adland Friends Remembered
4/1/2007 2:31:38 AM

Hi Rose,

Great to have given a service and put two people together in this way.

I suppose that this reflects the offline world in that it is so easy to lose touch or fail to follow up on friendships.

Your Art Forum continues to be a joy and has no doubt been posted on by Thomas and then you find a surprise like this.

I hope my humble forum continues to perform some important community function and brings together more folks and makes old friends re-establish their original interest.

Roger

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2007 7:41:35 PM

Hi Roger,

What a fabulous idea!

First thing I am going to do is make sure some of my friends here are aware of your forum.

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to making new friends at Adland.  In my early days here, I didn't full understand the concept of making friends on line and used Adland solely as an advertising medium.  Oh my did I have a long way to go to where I am now.  I am fully into relationships that I have made and the new ones I make every day.  I invite several people every day to be a friend here and have a far larger goal to help one of them get to know Adland better. 

So I am off to spread the word about your great forum

Thanks for the invite, my friend!

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2007 1:12:26 AM

Thank you Judy,

Adland can only be better for this. We all lose touch (look at friends reunited etc.) and anyway it's good to know whatfolks are doing now.

Good luck with you list.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 2:10:25 PM

Hi Roger,

When I became active here last year, I was working with several American companies that only did business in USA, so I was only looking for American friends to do business with.  Then I saw Georgios' picture...actually his MUCH YOUNGER picture and I looked at it several times daily and he saw that in his daily community report that I was clicking on his profile a LOT and he eventually sent me a friendship invitation because I had not sent him one.  Haha!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/4/2007 5:29:05 PM

Hello Kathleen,

Giorgios Is one heck of  Character.

There aren't many like him around.

It goes to underline the power of Adland.

Adland doesn't diguise itself in a whole whirl of fancy webpages but is an easily searched facility useable by anybody with basic computer knowledge. I have made friends throughout the world and the only real consideration is that folks use English as a forum language, having said that I am sure that if sufficient numbers of other language groups wanted a forum in their language there wouldn't be a problem. I have seen Spanish and a smattering of Eastern European languages appear from time to time.

I have friends here that have arrived through all sorts of strange routes and that's what makes it all so exciting.

Long live Adland friends.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!