Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Personal Philosophy is Like the Set of the Sail by Jim Rohn
3/26/2007 2:20:44 PM

Personal Philosophy is Like the Set of the Sail
by Jim Rohn

In the process of living, the winds of circumstances blow on us all in an unending flow that touches each of our lives.

We have all experienced the blowing winds of disappointment, despair and heartbreak. Why, then, would each of us, in our own individual ship of life, all beginning at the same point, with the same intended destination in mind, arrive at such different places at the end of the journey? Have we not all been blown by the winds of circumstances and buffeted by the turbulent storms of discontent?

What guides us to different destinations in life is determined by the way we have chosen to set our sail. The way that each of us thinks makes the major difference in where each of us arrive. The major difference is the set of the sail.

The same circumstances happen to us all. We have disappointments and challenges. We all have reversals and those moments when, in spite of our best plans and efforts, things just seem to fall apart. Challenging circumstances are not events reserved for the poor, the uneducated or the destitute. The rich and the poor have marital problems. The rich and the poor have the same challenges that can lead to financial ruin and personal despair. In the final analysis, it is not what happens that determines the quality of our lives, it is what we choose to do when we have struggled to set the sail and then discover, after all of our efforts, that the wind has changed directions.

When the winds change, we must change. We must struggle to our feet once more and reset the sail in the manner that will steer us toward the destination of our own deliberate choosing. The set of the sail, how we think and how we respond, has a far greater capacity to destroy our lives than any challenges we face. How quickly and responsibly we react to adversity is far more important than the adversity itself. Once we discipline ourselves to understand this, we will finally and willingly conclude that the great challenge of life is to control the process of our thinking.

Learning to reset the sail with the changing winds rather than permitting ourselves to be blown in a direction we did not purposely choose requires the development of a whole new discipline. It involves going to work on establishing a powerful, personal philosophy that will help to influence in a positive way all that we do and that we think and decide. If we can succeed in this worthy endeavor, the result will be a change in the course of our income, lifestyle and relationships, and in how we feel about the things of value as well as the times of challenge. If we can alter the way we perceive, judge and decide upon the main issues of life, then we can dramatically change our lives.

To Your Success,
Jim Rohn

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Brian Ockert

123 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Personal Philosophy is Like the Set of the Sail by Jim Rohn
3/26/2007 2:35:38 PM
Thanks for that Tim. A really powerful article that makes you stop and refocus on what your dreams were. Kind regards Brian
+0
Susan Kewin

136 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/26/2007 2:41:37 PM

GREAT STUFF. SO MUCH WISDOM.

USE THE WINDS OF ADVERSITY TO OUR OWN ADVANTAGE.

Find out what the Phamaceutical Commpanies DO NOT want you to know. GREAT Home Business Opportunity http://Mannapages.com/suek
+0
Diana Briere

243 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/26/2007 3:49:41 PM

Hi Tim, there is much food for thought here. It was great thinking back to when things that had to be decided on and what the decision eventually produced, some good some not so good. When the wind changes sometimes we are left wondering "what happened here,"time to change the road we were travelling on, and try a new fork in road.  Thanks for this forum.

From Diana

http://mapleridgemarketplace.com/

http://www.clixsense.com/?2078834

http://www.webbusinesswizard.com/app/?af=567114

http://wwwFreeViral.com?r=131745

Please look at web business wizard for your free 10 step work at home plan. Use the  Gold Key at the bottom of the site to bypass the order form and save $97

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2007 3:51:18 PM

Hi Tim,

What a powerful article!  Thank you for sharing. 

Having reset the sail more times than I would have liked to, I must admit that it was the determination and consistency in resetting that sail that continues to make me stronger.  At least I am still sailing and smoothly, I might add. 

It never does any harm to read these articles.  If the focus if off, it's a grand time for setting the helm straight ahead.

Thanks again for sharing and God bless!

Judy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!