Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
ANOTHER INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE
3/22/2007 7:31:46 AM
DEAR FRIENDS,
Hope you enjoy this inspirational message!
God bless you all !
Carla :)
Be sure and look at the video on this link too! THANKS!
http://www.soulkeepermusic.com/flash_presentations/dontwait/DONTWAIT3.swf

This week's promise: God will help you understand his Word

The living Word

Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to set before the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish.

Mark 6:41-43 NLT

Break Thou the bread of life, dear Lord, to me,
As though didst break the loaves beside the sea;
Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee, Lord;
My spirit pants for Thee, O Living Word!
Mary Artemisia Lathbury

Bread of Life

While Break Thou the Bread of Life is often sung during Communion, it is really intended to prepare the heart for Bible study. The great London preacher G. Campbell Morgan customarily read the words of the hymn before his midweek service.

The author, Mary Lathbury, was better known as a commercial artist than as a poet. Her illustrations regularly appeared in the popular magazines of the nineteenth century. She was a devout Christian who often vacationed at Lake Chautauqua, where she became one of the founders of a new movement. Mixing Christian inspiration, culture, and education, the Chautauqua movement spread across the country.…As she sat with her Bible, overlooking Lake Chautauqua, she thought of the disciples at the Sea of Galilee and wrote this hymn. Mary Lathbury's desire was to take Bible students "beyond the sacred page" to meet the living Word.

From The One Year Book of Hymns , Tyndale House Publishers (1995), entry for February 15

If you have never been hurt by a word from God, it is probable that you have never heard God speak.
AMY CARMICHAEL
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: ANOTHER INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE
3/22/2007 7:39:22 AM
Hi Carla,

Good morning and thank you for this message.  It is so true that sometimes when God speaks it hurts.  Always for our own good.
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2007 7:44:32 AM
Hello Joe,
Amen, Brother! Good to see you ! Have a blessed day!
sincerely,
Carla (a)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2007 8:41:45 AM
Thank you Carla for sharing this inspirational message with us, it is indeed so important to study and understand the 'Living word' only then can we know the promises of God, and how to claim them for ourselves.

Blessings and have an awesome day

much luv

Pauline R
+0
3/22/2007 8:55:39 AM

Thank you Dear Carla once again for bringing us these Great Inspirations!!  :-)

How TRUE it is that the Word of God sometimes hurts! Like they so though "The TRUTH Hurts!!" and that is what the Word of Our Father is.......

TRUTH!!

But it is Always for our Good, because He Loves us so Very Much!!

Praise God for His Love & Mercy upon each & every one of Us!!!  :-)

Have an Extremely Blessed day!! Thank you again!

God Bless You,

Damaris

Damaris P.Y.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!