Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: TWENTIETH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
3/21/2007 7:45:20 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GEKETA!

You are truly an inspiration overcoming so many obstacles. Thank You for sharing your story.

May God Bless You and Your Family.

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2007 10:24:21 PM

Hi Laura,

You are Welcome. Thank you for taking time to read about how I was able to overcome all those things and live to tell my story. I have to give G-d the glory he was the one that realy  turned the tables.

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 10:36:35 PM
Hi Geketa!
I think you deserve the Courageous Woman Of The Year recognition!!  Most would not have survived and certainly would not be around to tell their story. 
If you really would analyze it...every family is dysfunctional in their own unique way...whether they admit it or not.  We all carry around our own "stuff" from our upbringings.  The world is full of wonderful actors and actresses playing the part.
I admire your braveness too...after a knockdown you've bounced back up and kept going forward not knowing what was around the next corner.
You are one tower of strength in our community...I am proud to be your friend!!
Congratulations again...Steven.
PS...it's so nice to see your smile throughout the forums!! 

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2007 12:21:51 AM

Hi Steven,

I have never really thought of myself as being courageous or brave . I just did what I knew I had to do to survive . I have always  been one to take responsibility very serious maybe that is what kept me going. Getting knocked down is easy it was the getting back up that was the hard part .

I truly appreciate your kind words and support and I too am proud to call you friend.

I agree everyone has some dysfunction in their closets some more obvious than others ..

Oddly enough I have always kept that smile no matter what went on in my life. I never wanted anyone to see how things were on the inside, so I smiled. It was my way of coping. The best thing now though it is real! Life is an adventure !

Blessings my friend to you and yours ,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2007 8:32:04 AM

Thank you all for coming to congratulate Geketa.

Geketa, you are an inspiration to us all.  You certainly are to me.  You have overcome major obstacles and emerged a brand new person, a caring, loving, and compassionate person.

Thank you for being our Twentieth Woman of Courage.

Love to you,

Luella and John

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!