Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A POSTING FROM MIKE B.
3/13/2007 9:29:30 PM
HELLO FRIENDS,
Sharon Lee copies Mike B's  Posts in her forum and I can see why... they are inspiring. I am posting this because it directly applies to our prayer group. We had a blessed meeting again tonite, even had children singing! See you all in the next meeting on Saturday evening! :)
Thanks and God bless you all!
Carla :)

Lord, Take Control

Of the many articles, sermons, lectures and prayers, there would probably be no more common theme than the prayer, “Lord, take control.”

I personally have prayed in times of decision and indecision. The prayer has been prayed by me and many others during times of turmoil, frustration and confusion. The prayer has been prayed in hospital rooms, intensive care units, in business meetings, before, during and after surgery, in times of fear, and times of great confidence. The prayer has been prayed while standing next to a crib, while standing next to a hospital bed, and while standing next to a casket. Perhaps even by those standing side by side about to recite their wedding vows. I've even prayed it many times of late while sitting at this computer wondering if I will ever find gainful employment again.

Many times soon after praying the prayer, I have found a sense of peace and serenity that seemed to blanket me. I'd be amiss if I didn't also include those times that when the prayer was finished, I felt an uncomfortable fear. Some say you should never make a decision based on fear. Then there are those times when I just knew that God had taken control of whatever the situation was. What about the times when I reacted as human beings often do with the familiar question; "God, why didn't You take control?"

Oddly, there are also times when I seemed to feel nothing at all. Blank!

How can the same prayer bring so many different responses?

If I really look deeply enough I can see that the discrepancies have nothing at all to do with the prayer itself. Sooner or later I'll get around to asking myself the question; "what was my attitude while praying?" Did I pray believing God would hear me? Did I submit to Him rather than insist on my own way?

“Lord, take control!” That alone isn't quite enough is it? I must also pray, “I surrender my will to Yours, Father. I can't do this all by myself."

If I pray, “Lord, take control!” over and over as one begging, failing to submit to Him, I am only engaging in an exercise of futility. "Lord, take control!" can be uttered with all sincerity and still fail when surrender isn't a factor.
Submission to Him will bring His power into my life. Why is it that I sometimes want to tell God what to do instead of humbly, in submission, asking Him?

Once again, my questions are answered if I will only look for them in the right places. What better place than the way He as chosen to communicate with you and me? His Holy Word, the Bible reveals the solutions.
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you” (Job 22:21, NIV).
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7, NIV).

This whole idea of surrender is foreign to society's messages. Media floods me with phrases like; "you can have it all", or "have it your way" and "you deserve all that the world has to offer."

Thanks to Tom Norvell for inspiring these thoughts through his "Norvell Notes", Vol. 10 No. 11, March 12, 2007

Lord, take control. I surrender.

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: A POSTING FROM MIKE B.
3/13/2007 9:39:04 PM

CARLA, THANK YOU FOR REPOSTING THIS , IT IS INSPIRING.--DON

+0
Lisa Simpkins

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/13/2007 10:14:31 PM

Carla,

This is so deep and spiritual it made me think of my grandpa how he used to talk to us in this manner.He made us see deep inside the thought,fear,happiness whatever the feeling may have been especialy during prayer.Thank you for sharing.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2007 11:36:42 PM

Thank You Carla for Reposting this Inspiring Message.  The more people given the chance to read these words, the more Blessings will be bestowed. 

No matter the difficulties we face, place it in the Lord's hands and it shall be resolved, always remembering the words of our Savior at Gethsemene, "Not My will, but Thy will be done".

Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2007 11:48:02 PM
Carla, Thanks for the inspiration ! Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!