Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Opinions Needed. Why are people reluctant to post on Adlandpro forums
5/21/2007 2:32:37 AM

I think some are very excited about Internet marketing and community association and some are not. Some see more value in just advertising rather then sharing their views about subject that do not benefit their own busiess. You could say their focused on what they are doing or they lack confidence to post. This does not cover every one but a great many.

Dan

Expect A Great day!

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/21/2007 3:49:16 AM

Hi, Roger,

I'm very sorry, but I did not see your request for me to clarify the counting of posts in one forum as a single post.

If you join a forum and enter into a converstaion, no matter how many times you post a fresh comment, you will only get an increase in your post tally of 1.

Looking at many forums, this is also a reason that there are some good ones that die rapidly, lots of initial posts along the lines of 'Ooh. Lovely!' but no contribution by way of opinion or additionla information. The poster has scored his/her '1' on his/her posting tally - ergo, job done! Other people who might consider the subject of interest can see this stream of 'non-posts' and it can put them off bothering to find out if there is something for them to add to or learn from.

Forum owners know how many views they are receiving so they can guage how popular the forum is, the number of replies will show how important it is.

The Old Coot

DISCLAIMER

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE THE HONESTLY HELD OPINIONS OF ARTHUR WEBSTER. (aka THE OLD COOT) THEY ARE ADDRESSED TO ALL OF THIS COMMUNITY AND, IN NO WAY, CONSTITUTE A PERSONAL ATTACK UPON PERSONS LIVING, DEAD OR FICTIONAL. IF YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ATTACKED AND YOU CAN LOOK INTO YOURSELF AND SEE THAT IT IS NOT PARANOIA THAT DRIVES THIS THOUGHT - CONTACT HIM AND TELL HIM WHY. 

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/21/2007 4:04:36 AM

Hi, Bill et al,

We now have a new reason for posts to forums being few. The system simply won't let you post or tell you when a new forum has been created to which you are invited.

From comments elsewhere, it is clear that there is a major problem with the functioning of the forum programme. Several times I have attempted to post to forums in the past few days and been told I was not connected to the internet and the page could not be displayed. The most times I have tried to post on a single forum is 11 and then I simply gave up.

A forum thread I started a few days ago has received no views (except my own) because the notification was not sent out and because a subsequent message was also not sent out. Just in case you are interested, here is the url http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/675096.aspx

Friends have asked why I have not visited their forums - but I simply did not know the forum existed.

Another problem that sometimes will stop me posting if I am not that passionate about a subject is that I seem to be perpetually 'logging in'. In a short session at Adland, depending upon how many profiles I view or forums I search out, it may be necessary to log in 5 or 6 times.

The Old Coot

DISCLAIMER

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE THE HONESTLY HELD OPINIONS OF ARTHUR WEBSTER. (aka THE OLD COOT) THEY ARE ADDRESSED TO ALL OF THIS COMMUNITY AND, IN NO WAY, CONSTITUTE A PERSONAL ATTACK UPON PERSONS LIVING, DEAD OR FICTIONAL. IF YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ATTACKED AND YOU CAN LOOK INTO YOURSELF AND SEE THAT IT IS NOT PARANOIA THAT DRIVES THIS THOUGHT - CONTACT HIM AND TELL HIM WHY. 

+0
9/7/2007 11:03:10 PM

I haven't responded much on forums yet because I feel like I'm still a newbie and no one will be interested in what I have to say.  Hopefully though, there will be some who are interested in getting to know me.  :). 

I also don't want t be discounted just because I'm not a a marketing guru or an seo expert.  I run a small blog and a small business.  I like the social and the advertising aspects of adlandpro. 

+0
9/7/2007 11:40:43 PM

Hello Susan

Welcome and thank you for stopping by.

Now, about that shyness on posting. I am already very interested in anything you have to say. Actually, a lot of people feel the same way you do but, around here, if you don't say something I'll just keep buggin you till you do. Just ask our old Buddy Arthur here. I never give him a minutes rest untill he flaps his jaws about somethhing. LOL

Actually, I just started a brand new discussion forum that has no specific topic. I have invited everyone to just stop by and tell us about anything they want to talk about. That might be a great place for you to get broke in. It will give you a good opportunity to meet some new friends around here too. Besides that, I could use a little help getting it going. Here is the link.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/808719.aspx

Hey everybody. Whatayasay we all drop over and invite Susan to our friends lists. I'm pretty sure she won't hurt you too bad. LOL. I kinda like her already. I mean, after all, she didn't even call Arthur any names yet. LOL

One more little thing folks. How about helping me get the word out about my new forum. Seems like a lot of people either aren't getting notifications or aren't opening them because that think it might be spascammer calling. LOL. Here's that link one more time.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/808719.aspx

Baby Kaleb, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/729254/2/ShowThread.aspx                          

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Stop Illegal IImmigration

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:

http://pub-network.ryze.com
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!