Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
***Children/Adults at Risk*** OTC Drugs causing strokes and seizures
3/1/2007 2:14:55 AM

This is really ***URGENT*** and I am listing this critical information right upfront because I know that some people will never get to read to the bottom of this post:

***URGENT*** The following medicines are voluntarily being recalled because of a certain ingredient' that is causing strokes and seizures in children:

-Orange 3D Cold Allergy Cherry (Pink)

-3D Cold Cough Berry

-3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D Expectorant

** They are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with the lot number on the box so they can send you postage for you to send it back to them, and they will also issue you a refund. If you know of anyone else with small children, 

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.  THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF

To confirm these findings please take time to check the following: http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa 

Be sure to make a copy of this and post it in your community centers or just make a flyer and pass it on to people you know.

Dangerous Drug Ingredient

Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)

Author Unknown

2-28-7

It's about a medication that is familiar to many of us. Note also the FDA 's comments at the end of the message. I received this information from a friend whose mother recently passed away. Apparently, this was caused by a medication that is deadly. Here are the details and I suggest you pass it on to your loved ones and others.

Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) I would like to thank those of you who expressed condolences on the recent passing of my mother. She suffered a hemorrhagic stroke while she was driving home from my house on 7/30 and passed away on 8/3. My mother's stroke and passing was an enormous shock to my family because she did not have any symptoms or risk factors for a stroke. Just the week before she had gone to her doctor for a check up and received a clean bill of health. 

She did, however, develop a cold while she was visiting me and had taken Alka Seltzer Cold Plus for 3 days. Since her passing, we have learned that Alka Seltzer is one of the many cold medicines that contains  Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) which can cause hemorrhagic stokes or cerebral bleeding even with the first use. I am forwarding a list of other medications that currently use PPA. These  medicines are supposedly being recalled but my mother just purchased this  medication less than two weeks ago. Pharmaceutical companies have known about this danger for years, we  unfortunately, did not. I urge you to review the list of medicines with PPA and avoid these medications.

All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE are dangerous. You may want to try calling the 800 number listed on most drug boxes and  inquire about a REFUND.  Please read this CAREFULLY. Also, please pass this on to everyone you know. STOP TAKING anything containing this ingredient. It has been linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in brain) among women ages 18-49 in the three days after starting use of medication. Problems were not found in men, but the FDA recommended that everyone (even children) seek alternative medicine.

-The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine:

-Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite Suppressant

-Acutrim Plus Dietary Supplements

-Acutrim Maximum Strength Appetite Control

-Alka-Seltzer Plus

-Children's Cold Medicine Effervescent

-Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (cherry orange)

-Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine Original

-Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine Effervescent

-Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Medicine

-Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus Effervescent

-Alka Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold Medicine

-BC Allergy Sinus Cold Powder

-BC Sinus Cold Powder

-Comtrex Flu Therapy & Fever Relief

-Day & Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules

-Contac 12 Hour Caplets

-Coricidin D Cold, Flu & Sinus

-Dexatrim Caffeine Free Dexatrim Extended Duration

-Dexatrim Gelcaps

-Dexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine Free

-Dimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable Tablets

-Dimetapp Cold & Cough Liquid-Gels

-Dimetapp DM Cold & Cough Elixir

-Dimetapp Elixir Dimetapp 4 Hour Liquid Gels

-Dimetapp 4 Hour Tablets

-Dimetapp 12 Hour Extentabs Tablets

-Naldecon DX Pediatric Drops

-Permathene Mega-16

-Robitussin CF

-Tavist-D 12 Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal Congestion

-Triaminic DM Cough Relief

-Triaminic Expectorant Chest & Head

-Triaminic Syrup ! ! Cold & amp;am p; Allergy

-Triaminic Triaminicol Cold & Cough

You want better health and longevity? Then check these testimonies of people that were very sick or had a terminal disease, but thank The Lord they RECOVERED.

http://www.RecoverHealthNow.com

To learn more about these great natural products go here:

http://www.PowerfulOrganicVitamin.com

To your health and success

Robert C

+0
Gail Dennis

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: ***Children/Adults at Risk*** OTC Drugs causing strokes and seizures
3/1/2007 9:50:34 AM
That is very true, that information was released by the FDA in 2005. ["Update - On December 22, 2005 the FDA issued a notice of proposed rulemaking (notice) for over-the-counter (OTC) nasal decongestant and weight control products containing phenylpropanoloamine preparations. This proposed rule reclassifies phenylpropanolamine as nonmonograph (Category II) not generally recognized as safe and effective. Written and electronic comments and new data can be submitted by March, 22, 2006."] View the document titled " Phenylpropanolaimine & Risk of Hemorrhagic Stroke: Final Report of The Hemorrhagic Stroke Project" at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/00/backgrd/3647b1_tab19.doc The FDA, on November 6, 2000, issued a Public Health Advisory: http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/advisory.htm Currently they have a new program, instituted in the last 60 day, designed to educated consumers. This can be accessed at: http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/pilot.html With all the talk about the new drug for cervical cancer, in light of past problems which were not evident or were downplayed in trials, it is critical that consumers become savvy on the issues surrounding new drugs. The pilot program should go a long way to help the lay person. It is interesting to note that most "warnings" in regard to "natural herbal medicines" have come from the pharmaceutical industry. Granted, most herbals do not required an extensive knowledge - pick some mint and brew a cup of tea- however, more exotic and potent herbs require the knowledge of a skilled herbalist. Thanks to the drug industry, skilled herbalist had at one time gained a questionable reputation. Now the shoe is on the other foot... Check the good things that ACAIPLUS can do for US without any harmful side effects.
+0
Re: ***Children/Adults at Risk*** OTC Drugs causing strokes and seizures
3/1/2007 8:23:16 PM

Hello Gail,

Excellent Post. I see that you are well informed. Your current information

Is well taken.

Please do give us more info on your product AcaiPlus. I rather go natural than pHarma Toxic drugs.

Thanks again for your support. Well Done

Robert C
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!