Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gerry Pira

111 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Tough Market
2/27/2007 3:10:11 PM

Nineteen out of twenty messages I get from fellow members of the AdlandPro community want to sell me something. I think almost everyone is trying to sell something and wants to do it quickly.

The bad part is that they sell the same thing. They tell me in an insistent mananer that I can make $34,000 dollars the first week, earn thousands while I sleep, or I can build a large network with their methods.

Many them also think, and they tell me outright, that I need their product very badly. They haven't asked about my personal circumstances.

Now I'm constrained to say selling to a fellow member of a community, who's in many cases a weary salesperson, is tough.

Is the AdlandPro community a tought market? What do you think?
+0
Re: Tough Market
2/28/2007 7:02:05 AM
Hi Gerry!

Whether Adland is a tough market or not seems to depend entirely on what a person is promoting.

Personally, I promote a retail service. I don't go looking for people to join my company or want to recruit anyone. In the time that I have been on adland, I have NEVER had a fellow Adlander use my services. Honestly I've never had ANY other marketer from any of the Marketing communities I belong to purchase the service I offer.

To contrast this, when I market offline, I have success rate of approximately 95% . This means that out of every 100 people I introduce the service to, on average, 95 will buy it and try it for at least 1 month. I could only DREAM of results like that in a community like Adland. Here the conversion ratio is definately at 0%, no approximations needed. This however may change with the launch of a new addition to the service, I don't know. I'll have to see how it goes.

I am sure that I am not the only one who's had few or no sales either. Many others with a retail products or service, like myself, have likely experienced the same poor response rate.

All I can say, and I call it like I see it.... Unless a person is promoting the " Next greatest  Opportunity" that promises " to make people money even if they rolled over and died" you probably won't have much luck promoting a retail product or service here, or in any Marketer's community. IF you take a close look at what is promoted here on Adland, and most other communities like it,  you'll probably see that 90% of it is utterly useless to the average internet user and stands no chance of surviving outside the "the rest of the internet". It's a sad observation but people seem to be looking for the fastest way to make loads of cash, with the least amount of effort, time, and expense as they can get away with. This mentality unfortunately will almost always lead to failure.

My Advice, use sites like Adland to share ideas, learn, and make friends. Adland is a fantastic resource for that. In the end you'll likely benefit more from the wisdom you'll gain from people who are active in the community than the myriad of fast, easy, money for nothing programs you'll see in almost all marketing communities.

Just my two cannuck cents.... take it for what you want. ( After US exchange rate it's barely worth anything anyway  LOL)

All the best!

Roy H
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!