Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Your sunday sermon
2/25/2007 2:08:07 AM
It's A Matter of Attitude: -From Shoppe via Simon Says (Author Unknow)

A 92-year old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and make-up perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home this week.

Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she manuevered her walker to the elevator, the nurse's aide provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelit sheets that had been hung on her window.

'I love it,' she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year old having just been presented a new puppy.

'Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room ... just wait.'

'Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged....it's how I arrange my mind. I always decided to love it...' 'It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.'

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away-just for this time of my life. Old age is like a bank account - you withdraw from what you put in.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatrid.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

Aaron and Kathy
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your sunday sermon
2/25/2007 11:59:56 AM
Great story!  Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone around us thought like this lady?

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change."
~Dr. Dyer

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!