Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MAKING A GARDEN.
2/15/2007 11:49:30 PM

Gods beauty can also be found in the hands of Man

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
2/16/2007 5:33:54 AM

Delando,

Location is very important, but the soil should be right for the various types of plants.

A good soil mixture will help determine a plants grouth.

For instant the tubulars will produce better if there is a 60 percent clay and a 40 percent (Course River Sand.)

The fine Bank sand does not work very well as it has a tendency to wash away, or will pack down and will will not accept water when irragated.

Most people will throw their grass clippings and leaves away, not realizing that when composted it not only makes fine furtilizer, it also helps to loosen the soil.

When possible, locate a source of chicken, cow or sheep manure that has been cured, or mix it in with the compost.

The manure can also be supended in water, using a cheese cloth or other suitable means to create liquid furtilizer.

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/16/2007 10:38:35 AM
Composting is an ecological gift from the environment but for most who aren't able to take avantage of it, unique product options like liquid organic fertilizer are available. Such products are clean, effective and above all do not pose the risks and consequences that occur with manures and chemicals.

Another little bit of important trivia is to consider the heat units required to produce a crop. Most gardeners just look at their calendars and plan for a May 24th longweek-end to plant their garden. This year, it may be too early, if you've seen the news that shows many parts of the country under a ton of snow.     
+0
2/16/2007 5:50:31 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another little bit of important trivia is to consider the heat units required to produce a crop. Most gardeners just look at their calendars and plan for a May 24th longweek-end to plant their garden. This year, it may be too early, if you've seen the news that shows many parts of the country under a ton of snow.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

But Rudy, Punxsutawney Phil said that spring is coming early this year! WhooHoo!! Surely our snow will be gone by then. We could sure use some heat units around here now.

It makes it hard to think about gardening with it being so cold. Even down in Florida it's too cold to garden right now.

But getting back to compost. I really like to compost because it helps make our heavy clay soil easier to work with. I have one pile that is basically used for our kitchen scraps and a couple others that I put chipped material from our landscape, such as ornamental grasses and shrub prunings. We also have a couple chickens that give me something special to add. In years past, when I had more time, I would drive around the neighborhood and gather bags of leaves. If they were dry, I would chip them, but if they were wet, I would just spread them out in the garden. I don't have time for that fun anymore.

Martha

+0
2/16/2007 10:26:44 PM
Hi

I'm happy Mary sent an invite to your forum Delando, I enjoyed reading your article. I would love to add it to my blog... if permission is granted. My readers that loves gardening or better yet want to start a garden, would love reading it.

If you have an interest of spreading your article, please email me. If yes, please send a link to your best site so I may add it to the article. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

To regards spading, it sure is hard work! I spaded by hand 6 flower beds, the results I got was beautiful. But, I also develop "Tennentitis & Carpel Tunnel" due to 3 summers of pounding.

So, one must really be careful how one spades and how long you do it for!

Enjoy the weekend
Warm Regards
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!