Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fiber, IBS, and Fibromyalgia
2/14/2007 10:28:19 PM

You might wonder what fiber, IBS, and fibromyalgia have to do with each other. Those of us with fibromyalgia often have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) as one of our symptoms. Fiber is very important to the bowel process and it is the topic I wish to address at this time.

Recently I have been using Acacia fiber twice daily in an attempt to help prevent my IBS symptoms. I have been using it for about 2 months now. It seems to be helping but hasn't completely solved the problem by any means. This fiber is sold online and is purported to be easier on the digestive tract for those with IBS than some fibers. I personally use two teaspoons mixed in juice twice a day.

I am wondering what results others with IBS are having with whatever form of fiber they might be using. I know that our systems are overly sensitive and everything we eat or drink has an effect on our IBS. Is there a fiber product that works particularly well for IBS, based on your personal experience? I am particularly interested in fiber for those with more diarrhea symptoms than constipation symptoms.

Any input you may have will be welcomed.

DonnaZ

+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Fiber, IBS, and Fibromyalgia
2/15/2007 11:12:52 AM
Hi Donna,

So sorry to hear of your IBS problem.  I am glad you have found some help with your juice.

Another product that has been producing great results, which you might want to look into is the un-denatured whey product called Immunocal.

It was discovered by Dr. Bounous at McGill University and is patented in Canada, the USA and now I believe in Australia.  So of course there are many clinical research reports available also.

Just  passing this along to you for your information as I truly believe we have to take our health into our own hands. 

I would be glad to connect with you if you would like more info.

Blessings to you,

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fiber, IBS, and Fibromyalgia
2/26/2007 11:59:54 PM

Hi Muriel,

Thanks for joining my forum on fibromyalgia and some of its symptoms, in this instance..IBS.

I have not heard of Immunocal. Feel free to elaborate on the product in my forum, as others may also be interested.

DonnaZ

+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Immunocal info, as requested
2/27/2007 12:42:37 PM

Hi again and thanks for your interest.

Dr. Jimmy Glutman MD, has written a book called "GSH, Your Body's Most Powerful Protector" and I will tell you a bit about what he says about glutathione (GSH) and IBS there.

He says that levels of glutathione area significantly lower in people with this kind of disease.  I quote, "It may not be clear whether GSH loss is a cause or consequence of these inflammatory disorders, but in either case, they are positively affected by therapies that raise or sustain GSH levels.  Recent research suggests that raising glutathione levels may be a novel approach to the treatment of ulcerative colites and Crohn's disease."

You see, every cell in our bodies needs glutathione and each cell must manufacture it's own glutathione.  If taken orally, GSH pretty much passes straight through the digestive system.  Only a very minimal amount is absorbed into the blood stream.   

Immunocal gives our body the precursors our cells need to make GSH.  When our GSH levels are good our immune system is strong.  In fact without it many bodily processes fail.

Please feel free to visit my web page www.murielh.ws/page8.html for more information.  From there you can also get a copy of my free e-book about glutathione.

Contact me if you have any questions.  If I don't know the answer, I will get it for you!  :o)

Hope this info helps

To your health,

Muriel

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Immunocal info, as requested
2/27/2007 11:50:33 PM

Thanks for your update Muriel. I will check out your website and sign up for the free ebook to learn more about this substance. I am open to new ideas and new methods to try.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!