Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: 476 Adland Emails in 10 days. Do you read them all?
2/12/2007 2:57:51 AM

In response to Winston,

Is not the pourpose of being a member of Adland to network and build your business through relationships that you build here in Adland?

Is the friends list not a way to build those relationships?

Is the Direct Contact not one of the CORRECT methods of communicating about your product /service with the people on your friends list?

I know that going to peoples profiles and using the "Send me a message" link is not acceptable even though members that have been members for a long time (over 6 months) and should know better do this on a regular basis. 

Personally I think I sent an average of one a week and they were often helping others to pass on none advertising important info.

I actually want to thank you Winston for this  part of your post in particular.

Quote    "For ALL members here at Adland, participation in anything is "optional". So, just because you pay for something doesn't mean that I or any other member of Adland have to participate in it.   "Unquote

Yet another confirmation that there is no value in paying to be and Adlander.

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2007 3:19:24 AM
Hi Linda,

Just wanted to comment on Bill and Winstons' comments.

I think that the discussion they are having brings us right back to the topic of your forum.  We get too much **** in our AdlandPro inboxes.  If the terms on sending out posts, PMs etc were adhered to by all members and (dare one say) clarified by Admin - (are ads permitted in PMs or not?)  then the number of incoming emails would be reduced by an amazing percentage and no one would feel the need to ignore them.

Equally - if people stopped playing the numbers game with their posts, ads and forums - the same would apply.  (and less block capitals in the titles of emails - when I see yes another IMPORTANT READ THIS! I am overcome by an overwhelming desire to delete the email unread)

People reading your forum might also be interested in a current forum by Dave Cottrell on How to get REAL traffic - especially his comments on the WAY we use forums to advertise

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/594567.aspx

this is one  gem from it

This brings us to a VERY important point about posting!! Do NOT use cut and paste, generic, meaningless, thoughtless, LAZY methods to reply on forums you visit! Some search engines will actually drop you way down or right off, if you do this. The search engines are always looking for FRESH content, and that means you need to think about every post you make if you want to get noticed.

In fact it looks that, far from being a non participative member, Winston is just showing the symptoms of the problem you raised in your original post and Bill's comments need to be addressed to the sinners and not the sinned against. (who unfortunately will probably NOT be reading this forum)

Basically - things you have been writing about for as long as I can remember!
Just my 5 pennyworth
Love
Jenny

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/12/2007 4:08:17 AM

In response to Jenny,

I quite agree with you that many members are under the illusion that  the more friends they have the better they look especially in the statistics of the most friendly section.

The next illusion many are under is that if a member has a lot of posts then they must be worth following.

What many do not take into account is it is not quantity that counts but quality. I will not name names we all know who the culprits are that post for the sake of posting and or going around as many forums as they can find placing wild ads that read identical in every post they make and often post in threads where they have not business posting.

The other point they do not take into account is that the members of their friends list will send out messages to them, so then we come to the situation being discussed here and that is they are swamped with too many emails.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/12/2007 11:22:36 AM

If i may have a say, i agree with some of you, its quality not quantity that counts for all here at adland, many younger adlanders are getting confused as to how to post and to what to post for! Saying just about anything thats not in context with the original. not a numbers game niether that makes your strong its what you have to offer that does. Being humble sometimes takes its toll but we must all remember we are here as a family and should be like one, respect,manners, and honesty. If you have an agenda at hand then do so with cousing any harm to one another, if you are within the context of the post then your in the clear. Being honest with yourself will have many follow in the long run.  Love Thomas. 

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Tom
Tom Osbeck

11 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/12/2007 11:25:15 AM

I read each one.  Each one has great potential.  As a free mentor I see lots of opportunity to help people succeed.  I love e-mails.

Tom Osbeck

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!