Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The Natural Cancer-Fighting Power of Tomatoes and Broccoli
2/3/2007 10:44:11 AM
Broccoli and tomatoes, both of which have been previously found to help fight cancer, have been found to be even more effective against prostate cancer when eaten together as part of a daily diet. Researchers fed rats who had been implanted with prostate cancer cells a diet containing 10 percent broccoli powder and 10 percent tomato powder for a period of 22 weeks. Other rats received either one or the other but not both, a dose of lycopene (the substance in tomatoes believed fight cancer), or the drug finasteride. Another set of rats was castrated. At the end of the study, the tomato and broccoli combination diet was the most effective treatment; only castration even came close in terms of effectiveness. The combination of vegetables may be more effective than either one alone because different compounds in each food work on different anti-cancer pathways. Cancer Research January 9, 2007 Full-Text PDF Yahoo News January 16, 2007
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Natural Cancer-Fighting Power of Tomatoes and Broccoli
2/3/2007 11:27:14 AM

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the Good News.  I'm so glad that I love Tomatoes & Broccoli.  Sure beats the Alternative Treatment.

Have A Great weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2007 2:14:19 AM

Angie! What can I say!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Natural Cancer-Fighting Power of Tart Cherry Juice
2/13/2007 11:18:50 AM

Just wanted to thank you for the information and also to let you know that tart montmorency cherry juice should also be added to your list.

It is so great to have these wonderful alternatives to drugs and to know that we are in the drivers seat when it comes to preventative maintenance for our
bodies!!

+0
3/17/2007 10:59:13 PM
thanks for the info.....................
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!