Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Think Outside The Box
2/6/2007 3:52:02 PM

Hey this is great,  you caught the mistakes and that tells me someone is reading this forum.  That makes me feel good.

I want to add that an added value to the forum is provided by Jennie Dol Bello of New Zealand, where she speaks of remembering a  past holiday.  If our celebrations do that it brings value to our work on Celebrations.  For a moment she was able to step back in time and reflect on a previous holiday experience.

+0
2/6/2007 4:35:30 PM
 Mary, just a little follow-up here and I think it contains good news.

I did some more work on my Squidoo Adlandpro Lens today.  Decided to try a few of your adland links. Let me know if you like them.

I showed a link to your Learning About Adlandpro Level One, and Thinking Outside The Box, and Celebrate Our Different Cultures.

But most importantly I suddenly realized that Squidoo could accept and display the RSS feed from your Cultures Forum.  I added a new Squidoo module to display the most current threads from your forum. Squidoo viewers can simply click on a RSS feed link and be taken directly to your Adland forum for Worldwide Holidays

Also if you visit my Squidoo link below, you will notice two external links that may help in research.  They are links to Earth Calendar and to The Free Dictionary.

Perhaps you are already familiar with these links, but if not, they actually show holidays for every country or you can browse holidays by date, etc.

Here is that squidoo link.  Mary, and all viewers, please let me know what you think of it.  I hope it helps someone in researching this fascinating topic.

http://www.squidoo.com/Adlandpro-com-builder99/

all the best,

Wayne
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 4:52:33 PM

Wayne,

That is truly amazing.  I am wondering why you listed each of the Waitangi seperately when they open to the main thread post.

Everyone please send Wayne a personal pm and thank him.  He has expanded our horizons.  You too could do that if you build a forum of value and have his program---you know squidoo.

No one networks quite like you.  I have learned so much from you altho we seldom communicate.  Can I adopt you as my personal trainer?

+0
2/6/2007 10:03:23 PM
 Mary,

Will try to explain why the same link title gets repeated in the Squidoo module.

What happens is the RSS feed is actually designed to display new data as it becomes available.  When the most recent threads are all (or almost all) referring to the same topic then the title gets repeated.

However by reading the brief excerpt you can see that they are different replies from various members.

I edited Squidoo to increase the number of links displayed from 7 up to 10.  These thread titles will change as current entries are brought on stream. so some days it may display mainly for one holiday and other times it could list several different one.  It mainly depends on how many new entries are replies to the same holiday.

I also put an explanatory note in squidoo above the listings.  Currently it will not list more than 10 entries at a time. So as new ones appear at the top, the older ones will disappear at the bottom of the list.

Am willing to help if and when I can.  Words of an old song says, If I can help somebody as I journey along, then my living has not been in vain.

Enjoy the Journey,

Wayne

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/7/2007 6:24:43 PM

Hey everybody,

Wayne has not posted on any of the holidays threads, but do you see that the forum still has value for him.

He uses it to promote his Adland business.  So whether a person  posts or not, there still is value.

The forum is getting lots of hits, even after the holiday is over, so that means lots of visitors to Adlandpro.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!