Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
74 inches of SNOW...in Anchorage, AK
1/29/2007 2:33:38 AM
  • There are a couple articles I found on AOL.  Do you like snow?
  • I experienced several days like this during my 30 years there.  The first year in 1956 was the worst and most exciting days for a 12 year old.
  • Anchorage Is Getting Socked With Snow

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - The snow is already piled so high that drivers cannot see around corners. Homeowners are getting worried their roofs can't handle the load. And snow-removal crews are running up the overtime hours.

Updated 01/26/2007 at 2:40 PM EST
  • Alaskan City Faces Snow Overload
    By RACHEL D'ORO
    AP
    ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Jan. 26) - The snow is already piled so high that drivers cannot see around corners. Homeowners are getting worried their roofs can't handle the load. And snow-removal crews are running up the overtime hours.

Even by Alaska's prodigious, myth-making standards, this is a remarkably snowy winter on the Last Frontier.

In one of the strangest winters across America in many years, Alaska's biggest city has gotten more snow - over 74 inches so far - than it normally receives in an entire winter (68 inches). And there are still four more months of snowy weather ahead.

• +0
    Len
    Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Person Of The Week
    Re: 74 inches of SNOW...in Anchorage, AK
    1/29/2007 10:38:27 AM

Hi Kathy

Thanks for this update on what is happening in Anchorage. Thats a lot of snow to get all at once. How unusal that is because Anchorage is surrounded by mountains which kind of protects it from real extreme weather. It has must be very difficult driving for sure!

Wishing you all the best!

Leonard

100% Free! Join Now!
    www.itsyournet.com/go/15669lb

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
    +0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!