Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Welcome To The 79th Edition Of The Person Of The Week!!!
2/2/2007 3:39:44 AM

Hi Everyone!  8)

Amanda is moving so that's why she's behind on her replies.

She'll be back as soon as she gets a chance.

Thank you for taking the time to Congratulate her.

John Sanchez

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

John 13:34 (Whole Chapter)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35 (Whole Chapter)
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

+0
2/2/2007 10:59:00 AM
Congratulation Amanda

Enjoy Your week in the light.

Welcome in the POTW-club.

Best regards
Arild
+0
2/2/2007 8:46:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!

You are an amazing lady. Thank You for Your Inspiring Story.

+0
2/3/2007 12:24:38 PM
Congratulations on being POTW.  Your story is awesome
Thom Dickey, Webmaster http://www.thestarcomputer.com
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2007 2:42:45 PM
Hello friends,

I am now back online since yesterday and James
and I are still settling into our new home. 
We had a delay of several days and some very stressful and sweaty moments, from our move in date, due to the underwriters querying James first year pay when he drove OTR and was paid per diem and the next two years was ordinary pay.  They (underwriters) wanted
to see James W4 which was in transit in the mail to
our new address as we had started the new delivery.

After many phone calls, fax messages that our broker
did on our behalf too, back and forth to Werners to get
copies etc the underwriters were finally satisfied and
we moved on Friday evening after James finished work.
James was able to get back on his route for the few
days while we waited which helped our finances.

I found this last minute delay very hard to comprehend because I thought that the house would not go into Escrow until all the paperwork etc had been finalized and Escrow was the 'safety net' that one could not possibily be facing the possibility of loosing the home you were trying to buy and payed out money for expections etc that you could loose this too.

We stayed the night at a motel just down the road from our house as it was 3am and our agent had the key, and could not meet us until 11.30am.  When we got up James went out to the removal van with our vehicle on a tow trailer and moved it forward and the tow bar (hitch) was frozen solid and broke, so we had to call out the service person to come and fix which was a delay of an hour.

We unloaded the van much slower than anticipted because it was so cold with snow on the ground and it was nearly dark so decided to take the van back next day.  This took us in excess of 4 hours to find their depot and after asking many people - their route instructions were on the right track, The Budget Depot was in only visable one way e.g. travelling south and we travelled north and could not see it!

Being Sunday there was no one in the office so left the keys in the drop off box and James would call them next day about our return of deposit.  Guess what? We find that they have taken out more money from our credit card with the excuse of us being late (James explained we were delayed because of the broken hitch and we did not know our way around to bring the van back in the dark) So these theives have not only kept our deposit they also have taken more money from our bank account! Their instructions were different to what we were told from Cheyenne branch as we were given extra days which we paid for.

We were going to go with Penske and Budget called us with a deal that worked out better because we would get our deposit returned - this end the deal seems to be null and void and it has cost us much more than Penske would have been! 

James and I are tired of people ripping us off! There
does not seem to be a way of 'putting things right' with
services, purchases, rentals etc because you are always
dealing with 'middle or front people' who do not have any authority, while the people who can change terms
etc are hidden away from the customers upstairs or wherever!!

Well, I have had my 'vent' now onto getting back to
meeting and thanking you all.

Kind regards
Amanda Martin-Shaver

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!