Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: TWELFTH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
1/22/2007 3:27:53 PM

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for stopping in.  The last time I saw her she was also in a wheelchair.  You are so right.  Annette Funicello has tremendous courage and fortitude.  However, through her tremendous trials, she never lost her beauty and grace.  Yes, and sweetness.

Kindest regards,

Luella and John 

+0
1/22/2007 5:49:02 PM
Well Luella, thank you for the invite to this forum. I guess there are a lot of Women of courage in the world, right back to BC. A lot were not given regognition for the good work that they did. In my opinion the Women who stood by Jesus Christ were more supportive than the Men that were with him who all back away from him, when he was taken away to be tortured and cruicified on the cross. Even in the Bible, it was the Women that where there at the Tomb and not much said about the men. These women were very corageous and had little recognition at all. Interesting how even writings that were inspired were even in some cases left out of the Bible inself. But on the same token there are Men and Women through out time who have had little recognition for good works, they have done, from their own desires, as many have been very humble and want not to be put up on a pedistal. Personally I think it is great to have forums that promote both Men and Women who have done or are doing good works to help others in the world.
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2007 7:55:14 PM
Hello Luella and Shirley,and other team mates,
Excellent tribute to Annette, she was the sweet-heart of alot of young teenagers back then...
sorry Im late getting in here  and hope you all have a great day!
Love ya'all,
Carla :)

Mickey Mouse hi
Mickey Mouse hi

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2007 8:31:42 PM
HELLO TEAM MATES AND FRIENDS

Thank you for the invitation LUELLA. I have to admit that I do not know Annette Funicelo more than as a name from TV. Reading the article and after searching on NET I a gree that she she is a Woman of Courage.

Thank you for this article Shirley.

Kindest Regards
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2007 9:19:20 PM

Hello Keith,

You are so very right.  Those women that stood with Jesus had the most courage of all.  What do you think they felt as they saw him there?  I remember the very first time I heard that story.  I was only three.  I felt the unbearable dread I believe that those ladies felt, to the point that I felt that life as I knew it had ended.  The sorrow was unbearable and I cannot even describe my feelings. but they were the darkest and most hopeless feelings of all.  The suffering was such that I could have died myself.  This is what those ladies felt.  I have since blocked that memory, and quite on purpose, although every now and then I stop and I recall that unbearable anguish.  Yes, I still remember, my mind has no problem traveling back in time to that very day.  I even recall where I was standing.  Yes, they had courage but more than that it was their love for Him that was the reason they could not leave.  Such love that they simply did not care what happened to them.

Right now Keith, we are focusing on Women of Courage as our ezine, TC4Women deals primarily with women.  At this point, we really don't know if it will expand to men in the future.

Each week we do have a Woman of Courage and yes, all women are eligible, even Mary Magdalene.  I will keep this in mind and I will definitely need to do my research on this one.

Kindest regards,

Luella

Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!