Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Is globalisation affecting the cultural experience of a traveller
1/10/2007 8:17:30 AM

They say that travelling promotes a better co-existance of people through a better understanding of cultures.

A concept i for one firmly believe in, however with the globalisation and standardising of big chains of hotels and restaurants, many travellers are now losing that international feeling once travelling as they are subjected to only things that they can find at home.

While it is a great thing to be able to have things that you are used to in your home town; with the same food, standard of room etc. Many experiences that determine any one cultures behaviour, are now missed by so many people to have that comfort. Experiences that determine how we interact with one another and ones that if not experienced continue to promote stereotyping and misconceptions!

I felt this may be a good discussion topic and am interested to hear different views on the matter!

From your global nomad,

+0
Gary Small

243 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Re: Is globalisation affecting the cultural experience of a traveller
4/26/2007 12:51:17 AM
I agree. That's why when I am in a new city in a fresh new country I always look for the local supermarket where English is not spoken, and the only, only, only currency.....is domestic -- no furen dollars -- later...
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!