Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Make-It-Take It--Homeschooling Supplies
1/8/2007 7:55:11 PM
This thread is reserved for posting homeschooling supplies which will assist our stay-at-home moms. If you are a work at home mom, you may advertise in your signature line. Only supplies may be posted in the message. Thank you for making this a wonderful place to share ideas for sources of good materials for home schoolers. _________________________________________________________ learn english, spanish, Chinese, Latvian, Russian http:eslohio.en101.com Try a free lesson today.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Make-It-Take It--Homeschooling Supplies
1/8/2007 8:11:15 PM
MAKE YOUR OWN CHALK Here's a simple craft kids can do with a little bit of help from Mom or Dad. Better cover up with an apron or old shirt. Supplies: 1 toilet paper tube waxed paper 1 1/4 cups of plaster of Paris 1/2 cup of water plastic spoon disposable container (No not your tupperware) 3 tablespoons tempra paint Proceedure: Alternate pouring water and plaster into your disposable container. Mix well with the plastic spoon until its the consistency of cake batter. Then stir in the paint. Line the inside of your toilet paper tube with waxed paper. Cover a flat surface (like a cookie sheet or paper plate) with waxed paper. With the tube standing, pour the mixture into it tapping the sides to get all the air bubbles out. Let dry overnight. Peel the tube and waxed paper from your stick of chalk. Let it sit for 24 more hours. Activities: Trace around your child posing in differnt positions.(Outdoors of course). They may add features and clothing. This gives a sense of body awareness. Make a group of children of different sizes for learning size concepts. Make designs, animals, scenes etc. to decorate your sidewalk. Good creative fun. The large strokes promote pre-writing skills. Play hop-scotch Good co-ordination, sharing, following directions. Write signs on the pavement. Dad with love to be greeted with an arrow and a sign "In" --"Out"--Welcome Home.
+0
2/11/2007 12:52:13 PM
Hi Mary, If there are any homeschoolers out there who have left handed kids, may I suggest that they look over the products for children at Anything Left Handed Even if no products are needed, the site contains all sorts of links about left handedness and how being a lefty affects how we learn, as well as fun pages and intresting info. Adults will find useful information, too!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2007 7:53:09 AM
Here are some craft ideas and recipes for specific holiday: http://www.holidays.net/crafts.htm
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!