Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Blasters - What Are They? Do They Work? Are They Ethical?
2/25/2007 8:56:25 AM
Hi Ken and all!

WHen it comes to Blasters, a person has to use common sense.

I, and I am sure many others, have seens ads for things that claim to blast to billions of opt in email addresses.

Lets look at a headline used by many of these "services"

" Blast your message to BILLIONS OF OPT IN SUBSCRIBERS!"

Lets see... the CIA World Fact book at: https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/xx.html states there were an Esitmated 1,018,057,389 internet users in 2005

Even if this number has doubled in the last two years, the likelihood of ALL of them opting in to the SAME lists is so remote that it should set off warning bells about the legitimacy of the service.

In my mind, Blasting emails to peole who did NOT specifically request my information IS SPAM, regardless of what they signed up for. My best Advice is that if people want to use a Blaster service, do the research on where they source their email addresses. IF they can't or won't tell you, or feed you some generic " we use multiple methods" garbage with no examples,  move on and avoid them like a plague.

A more safe way I find, is to pay for SOLO ads or ads in targetted e-zines offered by some sites. The cost of these ads tends to be well worth the cost when one factors in the possible consequences of SPAM complaints and the associated costs of Damage control.

All the best!

Roy H.

+0
Monique Hawkins

1 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Blasters - What Are They? Do They Work? Are They Ethical?
4/15/2007 1:19:28 PM
I personally avoid Blaster types of advetisments. I don't consider them targeted marketing. I'd much rather build up my own opt-in list of people by giving away something of value that will benefit them in their business.

Monique
If you ever need help creating leads for your business, just email me. Connect with me at Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/moniquerhawkins While there, join my group called "Creating Success Together".
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!