Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
**ADLANDPRO'S WEEKLY PARADE OF STARS** # 62
12/23/2006 3:56:27 PM
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

IT'S TIME!! FOR THE BEST FORUM THAT HONORS MEMBERS OF THE ADLANDPRO COMMUNITY!!!

**ADLAND'S WEEKLY PARADE OF STARS** #62

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Our forum features a member of the AdlandPro community each week who is truly a bright and *SHINING STAR*. It is a person that may not necessarily be a "high-profile" person per say, but rather someone that is not only a great friend to many, but also has a good heart and truly cares about others.

Let me introduce the most awesome group of team mates anyone could ever have! Not only are they my very good friends, but I also have the pleasure of working with them to bring this forum to all of you, each and every week;

DEBORAH SKOVRON http://community.adlandpro.com/go/debskovron/default.aspx

DONNA S. http://community.adlandpro.com/go/rainbow123/default.aspx

RICK MARTIN  http://community.adlandpro.com/go/290826/

NAN HERRING    http://community.adlandpro.com/go/nanonmyway/

MOHAMED GANI http://community.adlandpro.com/go/Gani/default.aspx

GEORGIOS PARASKEVOPOULOS http://community.adlandpro.com/go/Genesis/default.aspx 

DR. VENERINA CONTI http://community.adlandpro.com/go/venerina1/default.aspx 

KENNETH SWORD - Honorary Member http://community.adlandpro.com/go/sword2drum/Default.aspx        

and myself;

MARILYN L. ALI http://community.adlandpro.com/go/259882/default.aspx

Here are the qualifications that will be used in the selection of each honoree. People that are selected will be recognized based on:

1. Acts of kindness that they show to their fellow man.

2. Must be willing to help others, and treat people in a kindly manner.

3. Have a good-hearted nature, and shows it through all that they do.

4. Must be a positive role model, and set a good example

5. Must be professional, avoids negativity, and promotes success through faith and hard work

So, if you know of anyone here at AdlandPro that are not necessarily "high profile" people per say, and that don't get the recognition that they deserve, let us know. We will be helping to get people recognized that should be *A SHINING STAR*. All nominations must be in by Saturday and please tell us why you believe the person deserves to be recognized.

Please send NOMINATIONS to one the following links;

MARILYN http://community.adlandpro.com/go/259882/Default.aspx

DONNA http://community.adlandpro.com/go/rainbow123/default.aspx

When you get to one of our profiles, click on "Send Me A Message" and then send us the name of the person you want to nominate!

NOW IT'S TIME TO FIND OUT WHO IS GOING TO BE OUR NEXT *SHINING STAR*

Hosted by SparkleTags.com
Hosted by Sparkle Tags

INTRODUCING TO YOU OUR 62ND **SHINING STAR**:MR JAMES WRIGHT

JAMES is a wonderful caring gentleman in this Community. He has 1035 friends, 1 great forum, a Top 100 poster and is very supportive and helpful. Some of his interests include Flying for Fun, Internet Marketing, Church, Singing, Beach Walking and many many other things. The web site he promotes is Desert Sun Aviation. Come and Congratulate James :)

Here is what some of JAMES' friends are saying about him;

"James, is a Very Kind, Caring and Handsome Man! I am proud to have him as a Good Friend!"

"Jim is one of the nicest people I have met here at Adland."

"It is great to have James' positive attitude and energy here!! Much success is surely his destiny."

"I really feel that Jim has a huge heart and nothing would please him more than to see everyone satisfied and happy in their lives and with a faith that brings comfort and real hope. Jims postings are well thought out and are always posted with obvious forethought and with the hope of proper and serious interaction. Jim is a credit to this community and has my full support in what he aims to do, even when I disagree!"

The meaning of the name JAMES;

James is English form of the late Latin Jacomus which was derived from 'Ιάκωβος' (Iakobos), the New Testament Greek form of יַעֲקֹב (Ya'aqov) meaning "holder of the heel". or "supplanter". Other theories claim that it is in fact derived from a hypothetical name like יַעֲקֹבְאֵל (Ya'aqov'el) meaning "may God protect".

To learn more about the name JAMES please visit Georgios' forum;

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=358947

Here is JAMES' bio;

Hi There!

My official name is James Wright. I am known as  Jim. There are a few other aliases, but we won't go into details on those.  I will tell you this much, when I did something I wasn't supposed to my mother would call me James in a low tone of voice.

My entrance into this world was on November the 10th, 1956. Yes, I'm a Scorpio. I was  born at the Washington Sanitarium and Hospital in Takoma Park, Maryland. For those of you who don't know, Takoma Park is about three blocks from downtown Washington D.C.  Yes, I'm a Yankee, and proud of it.

When I was two years of age we moved to Florida, just outside of Orlando, to a place called Apopka. My father assumed a position teaching Bible at Forest Lake Academy. One of the things I remember there was I received a cruise ship kit for my birthday that had a little electric motor on it. On it's maiden voyage, on what was known as Mirror Lake, I set it to sail. We had a little ceremony first and then it sped away from shore, eventually my dad had to swim frantically to retrieve it before it got away into the wild deep blue yonder.

Coming from a family of 4, I am the second oldest. I have an older sister Judy, a younger sister Jeannie, and a younger brother Jon. Yes, a bunch of J Birds!

In late 1963, we set sail on the USS Nordholm, from the harbor of New York City in (a fishing vessel) for real this time, to the mission field in Africa. It took us 3 long weeks and we encountered some pretty severe storms, probably of hurricane force, but nothing like Katrina.

The ship would rock and roll, and when the waves would come, the bow would raise up and then crash down into the water, and the deck of the ship would be submerged in spray for a few seconds, then the bow would raise up again and the water would wash off the deck. I eventually became aquainted with the captain on the ship and every once in a while he'd let me take the wheel, not for long of course!

We usually all ate together at one table, as there was only the crew, my family and Mr Monie, of Monie Wines (South Africa). It was necessary to wet the table cloth to keep the dishes from slipping off the table while we were eating. One of the things I remember the most about that venture was going to the bow of the ship (as in the Titanic) and as it plowed through the water I'd watch the flying fish come out of the water as the seabreese would hit my face. Occasionally there would be a shark, a whale, or a dolphin or two make their presence known.

After 3 weeks of rocking and rolling we finally saw the splendid view of Table Mountain and Cape Town off in the distance. It had a table cloth on it (covered with clouds on top). The Proteas (state flower) were in blossom and as we got closer, we could see the different colors and smell the fragrance even from across the bay. Terra firma sure looked good. When we finally got off the ship, it took a while for the rock and roll syndrome to subside. 

As a child I spent 12 years in Africa. Four years were in South Africa at a place called Bethel College, near a town called Butterworth, where my brother was born. There my father taught Bible. 

In 1967 we moved to a place called Malamulo College, in tropical Southern Malawi.  In Chichewa Malamulo means the ten commandments. It was while at Malamulo in 1969 that the Apollo Eleven Mission landed on the moon. We didn't have television, so we listened to it on the radio.

Unfortunately my brother had a blood slide which was consistently positive with a disease called malaria, so in 1970 we moved to another location further north in Malawi called Mombera. The climate was much more favorable there. My father was the Principle of the school and he also taught Bible.

Mombera was a pleasant experience for me as I did my first engine overhaul on a Briggs and Stratton rodatiller at the age of twelve and it was successful. I also learned how to drive a Massey Fergusen 135 tractor and I loved it. I would haul bricks for construction, plow fields, haul water from the river to name a few functions.

There I built my first treehouse in a Mango tree. I used it as my study room for home study the last year before I went away to school in Rhodesia. It was while I was at Mombera where my sister Jeannie and I learned to play the trumpet.

We had a special treat the second Tuesday of every month when the flying doctors from the Malamulo Hospital would fly up in their Cessna 185 taildragger. There were about four different dispensaries in the Northern Region of Malawi that had airstrips at each one, and they would come with a Physician who was the Pilot, a Dentist, a Nurse, and a Student Missionary from the United States. It was my responsibility to go up to the airstrip and with the tractor, smooth the runway, put the windsock up, and make sure there were no obstructions before they would arrive.

It was a major event when they would arrive, usually late in the afternoon, they would buzz the campus and if the world war two pilot (Jack Harvey) was on board, he would get his speed up from the buzz, then pull up and do a barrel roll, then come around to land. All the natives from the surrounding villages would rush to meet the plane. There would probably be close to two hundred people there in just a few moments.

My sisters and I would jump on the Honda 90 and Yamaha 100 and race to the airstrip. My Mother and Father would follow behind in their Peugeot 403 pickup, and meet the plane. We would then pick them up and take them to the house where my mother would have dinner already prepared, and then a concert performed by us kids would follow.

Often times we would do a skit, then play a piano duet, either a trumpet solo or a duet would follow, not necessarily in that order, but we would have a grand time that evening. It was always ended with worship and prayer. We had an old 12 horse Lister Diesel engine that ran at about 800 RPMs that powered our electricity. It ran so slow the lights used to flicker. We only had power from 6:00 to 9:00 in the evening, so we had to have our concert finished before then.

The following two days we would be blessed with their company, and every once in a while there would be a seat in the back of the airplane, and you guessed it, my sister and I would get to go for an airplane ride.

In 1971 it was time for me to go away to boarding school. I had to make a choice. Would it be Sedaven in Johannesburg, South Africa, with my sisters, or to Anderson School, in Rhodesia (Now Zimbabwe) which was 2000 miles closer to home? I opted to be alone for the first year. Being closer to home I thought was at the time a more favorable choice. That way, I was able to go home once every three months for a visit.

The first year away from home was like torture to me. I hated it. I felt like I was in jail. I was only 13 years old, I did not know anyone, and it seemed like everyone there at the school was out to get me. I remember one day I was out on the soccer field playing mandadory sports and the dean of boys was playing with us. Someone on the team kicked the ball and it was closest to me so I attempted to get to it first.
Unfortunately the dean of boys arrived there at the same time as I did, and he being 200 pounds and me being 125 somehow managed to knock me off my feet, then he landed on top of me and knocked the breath clean out of me. Seemed like an eternity before I was able to breathe again!

Anyway, I made the best of it, and soon I was in charge of upkeep on all the lawn mowers at the school. I also learned how to replace broken glass window panes, and to cut glass. We had a wood working class and I learned how to use a wooden lathe to make furniture. I did have fun doing that. This school was on the British Education system, they had what you call O-Level, M-Level, and A-Level. O-level was equivalent to a college degree, M-level was equivalent to a masters degree, and A-level was equivalent to a Doctoral program (You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong). So once you were in your third year of boarding school, they began to prepare you for study on the O level program. The British system is probably one of the best in the world, and they are tough. If you make it through you will get somewhere with it. Here in the United States most schools have a class leader like a President, where you can vote as to who you want for a leader. Over there, that system is non-existent as far as I know (democratic).

Unfortunately the school was having financial distress, and the administration allowed some non-christian students to enroll. They had an influence on me. One day I was beckened behind a barn by one of the bad boys and he offered me a cigarette. He said "Here, have a smoke, these are good for you. They will make you feel better." So I took one, thinking about the training my mother and father had given me and I started feeling guilty. Anyway, I coughed and sputtered and choked. It was at that time I decided that anything that made me do all that nonsense must not be good for the body, and to this day, I have never had another one!!!

In 1974 I graduated from Anderson School, and had to take some equivalency classes in order to be accepted into a college in the United States. So I took American History, American Literature, Algebra, (by home study) and a Teachings of Jesus and Bible Doctrines class taught at Solusi College, in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) where my parents eventually  moved to be closer to me. My younger sister joined me after my second year, and she being a more sanguin type (bubbly) personality, made it easier on me.

When I came back to the United States I was 18 and felt more comfortable with facing the world than I did at 13. I visited Old Jerusalem, went for a swim in the Dead Sea, (No, you cannot sink) visited Bethlehem and Golgotha (Where Christ was crucified) it's all commercialized now. Nothing like it was back then. I also visited Germany, then went up to see where my grandfather came from in Oslo Norway, even went for a swim in a Fjord (they were having a heatwave that summer) in 1975.

When I arrived in the United States, my life was about to begin over again! New culture, new faces, strange sounding people, (Southerners) and my first job (part time) as I was a full time College Student.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things I Like:

Cooking, eating and sharing a good vegetarian dish. Internet video songs, Mozart, Handel, Grieg, Beethoven, hand whistling, sitting on top of the rock on the hill in my back yard and watching and listening to trains coming and going in the distance, flying for fun, reading personal letters from snail mail or emails, internet activities, internet friends, watching a desert sunset, discussing religion, roasting corn or marshmallows around a campfire and telling stories, muscle cars, 20 series learjets, old trucks, pre-1968 Volkswagens, helping people.

Things I Love:

Meeting strangers (especially from abroad) and making friends with them. Good conversation, spending time with my cat or my dog, popcorn, cheese, roasted almonds, spending time with loved ones, or friends, traveling to a new place, looking down on a thunderstorm from 45 thousand feet, Hershey's Kisses.

Things I Hate:

Killing an animal for the purpose of eating it, makes my stomach churn. I don't believe I would be a good carnivore! Horse flies that bite, mosquitoes, ticks, flees, bed bugs, goatheads, flat tires, cigarette breath, cigars, pipe smoke, doing laundry, gas guzzlers, spectator sports, restroom reading, witnessing war on television, politics, house cleaning, destructive fires, allergies, liars, thieves, cheaters, people who beat around the bush, snakes, skunks, porcupines, moles, mice, leaking roofs, 115 degrees, dial-up, unsupervised 16 year olds behind the wheel, freeway noise, being stuck on a freeway. Tailgaters.

Things That Make Me Upset:

Kids (or adults) riding their noisy 4 wheelers up the hill in my back yard. Trespassers, those who intentionally block my gate with their vehicle. Loud music next door and all I can hear is the base, beggers who aren't beggers, tardiness, animal abusers, dripping water, toilets that need flushing more than once, loose objects flapping in the breeze when I'm trying to sleep, barking dogs, slow downloads.

Let's all Congratulate JAMES on being named one of this week's *SHINING STARS* If you are not a friend of JAMES' please send him an invitation to become your friend today! Here is JAMES' link;

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/211576/default.aspx

We pray that everyone will continue to support and enjoy our forum! Please take the time to NOMINATE someone to become one of our *SHINING STARS*

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

God Bless Everyone,

From *ADLAND'S WEEKLY PARADE OF STARS* TEAM!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Re: **ADLANDPRO'S WEEKLY PARADE OF STARS** # 62
12/23/2006 4:02:49 PM

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

*****CONGRATULATIONS JAMES*****

ON BEING ONE OF THIS WEEK'S **SHINING STARS**!!!

WOW! WHAT A FANTASTIC BIO AND YOU STILL HAD MORE TO WRITE! YOU ARE A VERY INTERESTING MAN WITH A VERY AMAZING LIFE SO FAR! THAT IS EXACTLY WHY SOMEONE LIKE YOURSELF GETS CHOOSEN TO BE A *SHINING STAR*.

I WISH YOU MUCH CONTINUES SUCCESS WITH WHATEVER YOU DO IN YOUR LIFE, AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AS HE ALREADY HAS THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE!

GOD BLESS AND MUCH HAPPINESS ALWAYS!

MARILYN 

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2006 4:09:59 PM
Hello Team,

MArilyn, Thank you for the invitation. Today the story was long very long. Anice choise that should be here time ago. James is a wonderful person and very caring. He deserves to be an PARADE STAR.

Enjoy yoyr week and shine my friend
You are one of the luckiest persons of the year
being featurer on Chistmas Day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and PEACE IN WORLD
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2006 4:38:55 PM

Hi Marilyn and Team! I feel honored to have been chosen for the **Parade of Stars** and am humbled to know of the support of my friends here at Adlandpro. This is a great community, and there are many good people who would not think twice of going the second mile to help a person in need. I apologize for not getting my bio finished. I have been extremely busy this week having flown every night to help some poor soul in need of medical transport. Last night it was a one year child who had pneumonia. They were on a cruise when it happened near Barbados. Again thank you all so much for your support, and I look forward to an even more prosperous new year ahead!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2006 4:43:23 PM

Hi Georgios, thank you for stopping by with your post. My apologies again for the length of my bio, I wanted to do an abbreviated version, but did not have time. Happy Holidays!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!