Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Have you ever cried about money? (lack of it..)
12/12/2006 12:01:29 PM

Hi...

I am reading a book that made me wonder how many people have cried over financial stresses.

And - since I have a curiosity streak a mile wide, I also wondered if crying over stress is a female thing, or if men do it, too. I know lots of men that cry at sad things, but not sure about how many men (or women) cry over financial stress.

I made it a poll, but feel welcome to add comments!

: )
Linda

Have you ever cried about lack of money or financial stress?
Total Votes: 9

Please login to vote.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Have you ever cried about money? (lack of it..)
12/12/2006 8:34:59 PM

Hi Linda,

Since three of us voted so far, and since I'm a male, it's obvious I've cried.  I have also punched my heavy bag for an hour or so, and probably tried most every other emotional fix that I could think of at the time.  However, none of these worked, so I sat down and worked on how to fix it logically.

Everyone will go through financial difficulties from time to time.  I, myself, was Bankrupt on paper at least twice, but obviously it all worked out.  I guess what I'm really trying to say is that you can't solve problems with emotions.

Thanks For Listening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
12/12/2006 9:49:08 PM

Hi Phil;

Thank you so much for being open enough to have this conversation. When I posted it, I wondered if it would be too sore a subject to talk about, so I'm glad you joined in. Much appreciated!

I know that often men find it harder to cry, especially since so many males of my generation were raised to think 'men don't cry.'   I've always believed that the word 'gentleman' starts with the word gentle for a reason, and that it takes more masculinity to be tender than it does to be macho.

Often women, too, feel that admitting to tears make them look weaker or less able to cope. I was raised with brothers, and heard Dad say to the boys "only girls cry..." like somehow we were weaker or not as strong as boys. So, I think it's hard for both genders to talk about, sometimes.

You're very right that emotions don't solve our problems. But... I do believe that  if we don't hide or bottle up emotions, they show us where we feel weak and where we need to grow and learn.

I remember when I was first divorced and had to borrow money from my child's savings to pay a utility. I cried and cried for days about it. I felt just sick. But when I got past the crying and feeling bad, I made a vow to figure out how to be sure I never had to do that again. A pencil, paper and a promise to one's self can go a long way towards achieving new skills and changing our situation.

: )
Linda

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/12/2006 11:37:45 PM

Linda

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 9:31:35 PM
Hi Linda,
I'm doing my catch up on emails. I voted that I don't stress over it, I am a woman, I used to cry over everything, tv commercials included so its a hard call.
Now I laugh-either they get paid or they don't-oh well!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!