error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: What's your minor superpower?
12/7/2006 10:40:45 AM
Y'know - it's an amazing thing but I can always tell when my alcohol level is getting dangerously low!
Norm Clark
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What's your minor superpower?
12/7/2006 8:42:19 PM

How can you tell?  Does it have anything to do with only seeing single?
Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40?
Re: What's your minor superpower?
12/8/2006 1:21:41 AM

Nope, but there ARE definite triggers - (in no particular order)

1) the sun being over the yardarm ( I am not a sailor - so this is my catch-all phrase!)

2) The cat rolling over in the sunshine.

3) The open fire going.

4) Lunch in the offing.

5) The computer p---ing me off!

6) Finishing a long job.

7) Looking across to the hills in the evening, and watching the cows marching home.

8) Hearing German EU officials telling locals to tear out 10% of their vines.

9) Listening to politicians talk - and think they are making sense.

10) Just thinking 'you're a long time dead, Norm - enjoy life while you can'

I am sure there are more - but these will do.

Cheers (hic?)


Norm Clark
Bea Souza

1316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What's your minor superpower?
12/9/2006 11:47:29 AM

Very interesting forum, Andrew, thanks a bunch for the invite.  I seem to have a knack of smelling snow in the air before any flurries begin.  My Dad was able to do the same thing.  He used to bring me outside as a child and tell me to smell the air and tell him what I smell.  At first I only smell fresh air.  He continued to do this with me different times of the day. Then one day in answer to his question I told him I smell snow.  He told me I was right we were going to have snow.  The next morning the ground was covered.  Since then in the winter I make it a point of sniffing the air in the morning and in the evening and I have been correct at 95 percent of the time. The other 5 percent is usually flurries.

Enchanted Hollow: Scents to tickle all your senses

NeeBie Gifts: Something for every occasion

Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What's your minor superpower?
12/9/2006 12:17:44 PM
Hi Andrew. This is a fun forum.

I hold the Florida State record for taking the driver's test
6 seconds for 20 questions I was 48 then. When I was in my 20's I
had a .20 second reaction time when tested for my time
hitting the brake when I was in the US Army. This is also
a record for the Army. I still read very fast but my
reaction time has slowed a little as I got older.

I also lost my photographic memory I had when I was 12
but I retain a perfect audio memory. This means
when I talk to someone, I can remember the
whole conversation word for word. I can also
predict the end of a movie before I have seen it.
and I remember the whole dialog of the characters
in the movie. This drives my wife crazy when we
watch one over again. I've learned to stop repeating
the dialog as it is spoken. She has trained me well.

I had 20/10 vision which is called "telescopic vision". I
lost this when I was in my thirties and had to start
wearing glasses. No longer superman at 56, I had to
turn back into my secret identity as mild mannerd Robert.

I sent you an invititation to be friends with an ex
super hero.

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart.

Like us on Facebook!