Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
HAITIAN MISSIONARY LETTER
12/1/2006 5:43:41 PM
HELLO FRIENDS,
Here's a letter from Christianville that I receive monthly now. If you'd like to receive this I can get your there email address, or if you'd like to support them their address and phone number's below. If you do, you'll receive information on the child or class you are sponsoring, they'll fill you in on the details. Please remember to pray for the Haitians! THANKS!
Carla :)

November 30, 2006
Dear Christianville Supporters,
I am thankful that Thanksgiving is not just a celebration for what God gives, but is an attitude of constant gratitude
for what God continually does. What God gives is part of what He does!
When we thank God for his many blessings, too often we are only referring to the tangible and the temporal gifts of
God (the things that we enjoy in this life). But when we take time to reflect on what God is doing in our lives and in the
world, we discover a God who is far greater than the putative matters for which we give Him thanks. We discover a personal
God who is infinitely interested in every aspect of our lives and who continually works through people and circumstances
to accomplish His will.
We are thankful for the miraculous things that God is continually doing in the lives of the people of Haiti both
through those who are in active duty as missionaries on the field and through those who are supporting them.
Many of the Haitian villagers to whom Christianville is daily reaching out do not have much in their hands in terms
of material possessions, but they are grateful to God for the powerful work of spiritual transformation He is accomplishing
in their lives through those who minister to them. God’s activities are evident in the expressions of joy that usually
characterize the lives of those who have met Christ. They no longer fear the devil, they are free from all the trappings of
superstition and most important of all, they are saved and they live with the hope of going to heaven one day.
We are thankful for so many of you who have faithfully supported the efforts at Christianville over the years. Many
of you have volunteered time and efforts graciously and sometimes anonymously, performing those essential tasks that
keep the work moving forward. The Lord continually encourages through those who write notes, who pray, and who
give to support the work. The Lord makes it possible for many of you to travel to Haiti to lend a helping hand and to take
your encouragement to those who are on the front line of service. Many of you have
had the opportunity to participate in the recent missionary convention in Indianapolis,
and so many of you have stopped by the Christianville booth to share a word of encouragement.
Christianville Board President, Conn Drake traveled to Haiti a couple of weeks
ago and was greatly encouraged by the continued dedication and sacrifice of those
who are currently serving fulltime at the mission. They serve with joy in a very challenging
time and through them God is continuing his saving work.
I would like to thank God for the life and ministry of a dear servant of Christ who
went home to be with the Lord this week. Missionary Elizabeth Mayhood who
adopted me when I was 4 years old, served for 25 years as a missionary in Haiti. During
that time she labored untiringly to advance God’s kingdom in many different ways
including her pioneering work to promote the Creole language as a tool for evangelism
and her contribution in the translation of the first Creole Bible. She was a close
collaborator of Jim and Carol Herget at the time they set out to establish Christianville
in the late seventies. She spent her last years of service in Haiti living and working at
Christianville until moving back to the US in the late eighties for health reasons.
To God be the Glory for all that He does!
J. Jerome Prinston and the Christianville Team
Christianville College and Ministries - PO Box 236, Lockbourne, OH 43137-0236 - Phone: 614-539-1204

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!