Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Diet
11/30/2006 11:20:13 PM

Indigestion. Constipation. Abdominal discomfort. Cramping. All these problems can, in part, be traced to an imbalance of "good" and "bad" flora in your gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Without enough beneficial flora in your system to balance the bad, the bad flora can attach to the walls of your GI tract, putrify, and recirculate throughout your body. This can impact proper digestion and colon health - which can affect your immune system, metabolism, energy levels, nutrient absorption, and more.

Our unique dietary supplement contains two acid-resistant strains of good flora - Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis. Scientifically classified as "probiotics," these bacteria work together to help detoxify, restore, and boost beneficial flora in your body.*

Two Probiotics, Several Benefits
Our two probiotics behave differently in you GI tract. Lactobacillus acidophilus targets the upper part of the tract - mainly your stomach, duodenum, jejunum, and ileum. Bifidobacterium lactis works on the lower part of your GI tract - the large intestine. Together, these two powerful probiotics:

• Enhance vitamin and mineral absorption
  • work to maintain healthy, beneficial bacteria*
  • boost your immune system*
  • help food decomposition and absorption

With this product, our scientists have combined these two probiotic strains and have assured they are strong enough to endure your stomach acid and pass through the digestive process, and enter your large intestine - where they go to work balancing you intestinal flora*

This probiotic Is For You
Clinical studies have shown that people with flourishing intestinal colonies of beneficial bacteria are better equipped to fight the growth of harmful bacteria in their bodies - and all the problems they can cause. Add our probiotic to your supplement routine and enjoy life with a healthier gastrointestinal system.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Diet
12/1/2006 7:30:57 PM
Thanks for your continued support in my forum Tom.
Happy Holidays to you and yours also.

DonnaZ
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 7:38:32 PM
Hi Alana,
Thanks for the information. I have tried several brands of probiotics with disappointing results. One was from a vitamin store. Whenever I took it I had diarrhea. Another was from a female physician whose newsletter I am subscribed to. That probiotic is taken with meals. I could not really see much difference when I took it or when I forgot to take it. The most recent probiotic is from another online physician whose newsletter I am also subscribed to. It has 6 active strains and is supposed to be the latest greatest probiotic. You take it twice a day. It has to be refrigerated. Each time I take it I have diarrhea. I am about to give up on probiotics. I do not understand why they make my Irritable Bowel Syndrome worse instead of better. I am now trying fiber that is supposed to help IBS. It is acacia. So far I am hopeful that it will help. I started with a very small dose and am gradually increasing it. I will let everyone know if it works.
I also take Activia Yogurt which has active cultures and is supposed to regulate your intestinal tract. I have mixed results with this product too.
DonnaZ
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 7:51:15 PM
Hi Ron,
Thanks for you interesting personal account of the problems those of us with IBS face. I am lactose intolerant too so have to be careful not to have dairy products. I can digest some hard cheeses and the Activia yogurt but no other dairy products. Like you I sometimes indulge in ice cream and just hope I won't have a problem if I am not at home.
I have never tried NGA. I do take Immodium (generic) when I am going out of town and am worried about having a problem. What I don't know is if it is safe to take on a regular basis. You sound as if you take it regularly without any side-effects. I just take it as a preventative occasionally but as a remedy after a bout of diarrhea. It does help.
Boy do I agree with you about looking for a bathroom first thing when at a restaurant, mall, store, etc. I hate going places where there are no public bathrooms. For example, I like to shop at antique shops in small towns and most of the time there are no bathrooms in small towns unless they have a fast food restaurant. However, if I am in a store without a bathroom there is no time to be driving around looking for a restroom! Time is of the essence.
Please feel free to tell us about your product you sell on the internet. You can post some information in this forum.
DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2006 7:53:34 PM
Thanks for the information Nick. That is so sad. Cancer is such a terrible disease. I hope a cure is found soon. There are so many types of cancer too that it is even more difficult to understand how it works.
DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!