Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Never type the urls in your ads anywhere..
11/28/2006 10:06:03 AM
Basic reason for not typing your urls in any ads anywhere is: Typos.. Url - Adress to the internet page you want people to visit. Typos - Sometihng taht occassionally hapepns wehn you tpye You wrote a great ad. You paid to have it posted several places. You wonder why you get no visitors.. You discover that you mistyped the link to your page. You cry.. (?) If you absolutely insist on typing your urls, you should atleaste copy/paste it into your browser and see where it takes you. So, what should you do? Visit the page you want others to visit. Copy/paste the entire url from the browser into your ad. This does not work with some affiliate urls because they change the moment you start loading the website. What you do then is copy/paste the url from the membersarea or from the email you received with the affiliate url in it. copy/paste can be done by rightclicking and using the menu, or Ctrl-c Copy Ctrl-v Paste (try it now.. ;) ) Works great in places where you're not allowed to rightclick. :)
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Never type the urls in your ads anywhere..
11/28/2006 10:17:50 AM
Hello Roger,

Thank you for the invitation. This is a nice message you sent out. All of had had this experience I am sure of that. Sometimes even the copy past act like a demon. I hade a good experience of that two days ago in adlandpro. Most of my friends PMd me that the link did not work.

If you copy past from one forum to another and the reference is a text link then the whole link do not forllow the copy/past. I realized that  when I checked it.

Kindly regards
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
11/28/2006 11:45:23 AM
Another reason not to type your affiliate link is that people
will deliberately cut everything after the .com/ off and you will not get paid or credited for the signup. Also if you type your url here it won't be clickable and people will most likely ignore it. If you have your profile set up to use the html editor, you can just highlight anything you want to make a link with your mouse (just left click and hold and drag across the link) and then click on the link maker..the blue ball with the link icon, and then type the url in the box that comes up. This will make it clickable. Click mine to see what's there.

I also recommend that you don't send your links out in emails. Instead, send a hyperlink to your e-mail address with a subject line. Most marketers look for contact info. If you put your e-mail instead of a link they'll be more likely to click. And if you have the subject all filled out for them when they click, they'll see you as a professional.  Plus you can always set up a filter with the subject as a keyword and catch those emails in a specific folder so you'll be able to see them all in one place.
If you'd like to know more about how this works, send me an e-mail!
mailto:heartuvgold@gmail.com?subject=Cool_Stuff_Becky!

Thanks for reading:)
Rebecca Beasley
The Newbie Forum

DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2006 12:03:45 PM
Hello there Roger,

Well, I think you have just come up with an explanation for at least half of the reasons behind the 70% failure rate on my URL's.lol    (the other being a very low suspense mark on anything to do with html codes!!)

I will try harder in the future - but if you see one of my links that works - it means that, either I had a lucky day or someone else did it for me!!

Thanks for the reminder!

Love
Jenny

+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/28/2006 2:25:19 PM

Thanks Becky,

It's so great to see people offering such valuable advice for the members.

This really works! 

If you'd like to talk with me about your marketing efforts click here

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!