Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Cruise to Alaska
11/25/2006 4:44:05 AM
If you can't afford a full blown cruise to Alaska, check out the Alaska Ferry System. You can put your vehicle on the Ferry. You will have a nice cabin, place to eat, and a wonderful view every mile of the way. The Ferry travels up the Inside Passage and stops at several places along the way. You can get off and tour places such as Ketchikan, Juneau, and Sitka..... You will see birds, whales, and all sorts of Alaskan Wildlife. Of course, I recommend June for a time to travel, unless you just love cold or rainy weather. We drove to Alaska, toured the State, then put our vehicle on the Ferry. After the Trip to Vancouver Island, we got off the Ferry and drove home. This was the best Trip I have ever taken and we didn't spend a huge amount of money. Check out my website at http://www.JimAndKathysCorner.com if you want to read more about this and other trips.
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Cruise to Alaska
11/25/2006 12:06:41 PM

Hi Kathy,

Yes I have done that many years back and it was very nice. I forget the city that I got on the Ferry with my van, but it allowed me to get past the bad stretch of the Alaska/Canadian Hwy.  Now it probably is all paved. I will check out your website.

Wishing you good health and prosperity.  

Your friend,

Leonard

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/25/2006 6:27:41 PM
Leonard, Thanks for the response. Yes, it does save a lot of driving and is a beautiful cruise. The Alcan Hwy is much nicer today than it was on our first trip over it in 1987. It is paved and many interesting places to stop and enjoy along the way. So either way, going to and from Alaska, is a treat. Good to hear from you.
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/27/2006 1:37:27 PM

I hope to go back someday yet.  I was there last in 1982.

Alaska Hwy back then:

Wishing you all the best,

Leonard

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/29/2006 10:34:10 AM
Leonard, Thanks for the picture. Makes me homesick. Yes, that is what it used to look like. I will look for my pictures of the current look. Imagine what it looked like in 1957 when we went thru pulling a little house trailer. In one bog hole and get pulled out and then into another. Exciting. :) My grandparents drove from Louisiana to Alaska via the Alcan in the 60's. The got to a point on the Alcan where they were surrounded by mountains with no apparent way in or out. It was terrifying for them. But they kept going and made it to Alaska and back home again, safely. Grandma even had a huge watermelon under her feet the whole way. They wanted us to have one from their garden and we were so thrilled to get it. It was huge. Can't imagine straddling that all that way. About 4000 miles. And, Leonard, feel free to share any other pictures you have about Alaska or the Alcan here. I love them. Thanks again,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!