Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
JJ
JJ Pickels

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Discover the Humbling Power of Christmas
11/22/2006 8:30:36 PM

A nasty man is barking orders to his guards. He feels threatened by the whispers ... of someone new coming to take his place and he wants to ensure this imposter gets caught. So he tells his men to nab him when he arrives.

He will be easy to identify since he will be a man of great affluence and influence. So his men station themselves all around the city, looking for a well-dressed man, but they see no such man.

When God sent His Son into this world, the "important" people didn't recognize him.

The lowly way Christ came into this world ... no fancy clothes, no hoopla of any kind. A bed of hay, Angels announced his birth, and only a few shepherds were awake to hear the news.

RE-DISCOVER THE HUMBLING POWER OF CHRISTMAS

Many people today have the "nasty" man's values. They are impressed by fame and fortune.

Do you really think God prefer's great entrances with all the garbage that goes along with it?

The point is that Jesus ~~ took the low road into this world. To teach us that the way to greatness starts when we lay down our reputations, humble ourselves, and become servants.

I pray we all find a place to "Fall on Our Knees" and discover once again the humbling power of Christmas!

Have a Happy Christmas Season!       "JJ"

J J Pickels http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx Important to Your Health & Well-being! http://tinyurl.com/27hjzh Are You an Infoprenuer? http://tinyurl.com/38bffs Go Now!!!
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Discover the Humbling Power of Christmas
11/22/2006 8:33:41 PM
Hello Jackie,
Thanks for this post! I am glad I saw it flash up here, it's awesome!
Thanks,
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Eugene Bonebright

23 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/22/2006 8:58:45 PM
    Thank you very much, that is the way to greatness, just like Jesus did it, not like Nicodemus.  Phil. 2:3 would settle so many things today we could even have peace.
Thank you again.
Have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Blessings on you

dr gene
dr gene
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2006 9:42:32 PM
Hello Jackie,
Thank you for this Christmas message. I don't like how commercial Christmas has become.
Merry Christmas!
Mary
Happy Thanksgiving!
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/23/2006 10:17:07 AM
Thank you Jackie for this post. I hope you too enjoy the Christmas Holidays But today we are giving THANKS to a great & awesome Savior for the life he has given to us.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Kathy c
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!