Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The 70th Person Of The Week Forum!!!
11/20/2006 3:47:39 AM

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~oPerson of the Week o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Dr. Venerina Conti!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

John Sanchez       Dr. Venerina Conti 

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

This week’s Person of the Week award goes to our Canadian friend and Poet Nick Sym. Nick is a very talented writer who makes us laugh often with his humorous posts. His friendly and funny demeanor has won him many friends here at AdlandPro. Thank you Nick for making our community a nice place to visit and congratulations on winning the POTW award. Enjoy your week in the bright lights of AdlandPro!

Here’s Nick’s Bio:

Hello to all my friends and ones I have yet to meet. This is such an honour and I am caught off guard. All I can say is that since the day I became a member at Adland I have never been so happy. Being on disability and not being able to move around a lot I have found a place that keeps my mind active and where I can interact with the most interesting people on the net.  I truly love you all for all the comments that have been left about my writings and for my fellow writers at Adland who give me the confidence to continue to use my imagination and sense of humour. You are all truly the real meaning of friends. Thank You and God bless you all.  

Some Words on my Bio

I was born June 13 -1951 in a small village in Holland. I was told I was a big boy of 9 pounds and a good baby. For some reason I never cried and seemed to be very content. In 1954 we immigrated to Canada and made it our home. We stayed with friends for two weeks and moved in our own apartment. I had done some crazy things when I was much younger. One day a lady came to the door and told my mother that I was drinking the milk and cream from the neighbour’s bottles that were standing on the porch. Back in that time the milkman left them early so when I went to school I would drink all the milk and cream before the school bus came. The neighbours were only scared that I would get sick. I was an inventive kid. One day I had a carton box and was making wings for it and a little wheel, when finished I said "Mom open the window, I am going to fly”. I also went to Catholic school and if a child was not behaving the nuns would put the kid on his knees under a statue and left them there. The nun had told me I would be going to h*ll for all my mischievous ways. I had nightmares and would wake up petrified, so I was transferred to a public school. When I was 5 my baby brother was born and I loved him so much, it was like getting a new toy to play with. Another five years passed and I was blessed with a little baby sister. There were so many incidents but these are just a few. I went to high school and after that became a general machinist apprentice. I got a job at A.W. Henley Machine & Tool and worked there for 18 years. I married in 1976. After 18 years of marriage I divorced. It took a couple of years to get it all together. I had three back operations and am still fighting to have my WSIB file re-opened. Then I met Yvette and we have been together ten years. We go through thick and thin. At times to keep myself busy, I started a cigarette tin foil ball. I have got so many friends to save the foil and started it the day I met Yvette. The ball is now about 43lbs, so save your empty packs as this is going into the Guinness Book of Records. I try to be a very caring person and if I have some problems that I cannot resolve myself then I always have Yvette who is also my best friend.

Nickolaas Anthony Sym

Folks, it’s time to congratulate our friend Nick on having won the POTW. If he isn’t on your list of friends please be sure to invite him.

Nick (the Wedgie Man), thank you for the many laughs my friend. Keep being the person that you are and enjoy your much deserved POTW award and week of praise. Hail King Nick!  ;-)

Love and Blessing to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Dr. Venerina Conti

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED FOR THE 70th POTW YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SO TODAY AT:

71st POTW Poll < CLICK THERE!

New POTW nominations forum at:

Nominations Forum < Click There!

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The 70th Person Of The Week Forum!!!
11/20/2006 3:58:02 AM
Hi John and Venerina,

This is going to be a great POTW week!

Hello to Nick, the Wedgie Man at Adland Pro!!

ONE THOUSAND
CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU DESERVE THIS CUP!  YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST AND CUDDLIEST PEOPLE AT ADLANDPRO!

ENJOY YOUR WEEK OF RADIANT LIGHT AND A LOT OF TORTURE FROM YOUR FRIENDS!

lots and lots of love
Jenny

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 3:58:46 AM

This is great.
Have a wonderful week.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/20/2006 4:30:42 AM

Hi Nick,

Congratulations and enjoy your week in the limelight.

A very well deserved win.

+0
11/20/2006 5:17:50 AM

CONGRATULATION
NICK

You deserve this, and I hope You will have a great week in the light.

Welcome in the club

Best regards
Arild
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!