Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: THIRD EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
11/20/2006 3:23:22 AM

Congratulations Joyce,

It certainly takes courage and a great deal of inner strength to even attempt what you are doing.

Richard

Richard
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 9:07:37 AM
Congratulations, Joyce on being the third woman of courage! I am really proud of you for what you are doing down there in New Orleans.
God bless you!
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 9:09:07 AM
Wow! Dear John and Luella and Adlandpro friends, Of course, I knew I was going to be honored here but I was not prepared for the outpouring of emotion I would feel reading your posts. When Luella speaks to me about having courage, I scratch my head and don't quite "get" it. I'm doing no more than a lot of other people who have been caught in inconvinient circumstances. I don't give that little storm any power by even speaking the name. I am also not doing anything that the people we come from have not done before. I was too young to march or even understand too much about the civil rights movement so it the dynamics of that era were relegated to history books. Having had the opportunity to travel outside of my home city and work besides a lot of truly awesome people, I feel I came home equipped with the tools to stand firm. My biggest tool being my big mouth! I know what I have to say and I say it to anybody in earshot. Yes, Mary-you got it right-I'M SELFISH! I WANT WHAT I WANT and that just happens to be to make a difference in shing a light on a brighter future for just one kid. (and maybe a small bottle of perfume from Santa:) Thank you all, have a blessed and prosperous holiday season.
+0
Judy Woodson

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/20/2006 9:12:38 AM

Joyce, you Sooo deserve to be honored for your work and I can't think of a better place than here. I have seen some posts in other forums on what you are doing. It is great to see it spelled out in a little more detail. It makes a person think - one person really can make a difference!

The children will thank you.

Judy

+0
11/20/2006 10:07:46 AM
Hello Joyce, Yes! You definitely are "a woman of courage". May God bless your efforts and the fine people of New Orleans. I love that city and it breaks my heart to know how people are STILL suffering there! Thank you for being such a giving person and gracious lady! I don't know what the world would be like without people like you that are willing to give....give...and give.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!