Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Not an ad - Security and you on the internet.
11/15/2006 12:32:48 AM

Hi Pauline,

No matter what we put on our PC there will, unfortunatly, always be some one trying to hack it.

The only way to be 1000% safe is disconect and stay off the internet.

However that is defeating our reason for being here in the first place and is not what we want to do so all we can do is take precautions.

Make sure you follow the basics and you will be as safe as you can be.

Get a good firewall

Get the two spyware scanners I recommended or equivalent alternatives.

Scan your pc regularly.

I am going to do some more posts on this so check back regularly or join the forum if you haven't already to get auto notified when I post new material.

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/15/2006 12:40:23 AM

Hi Richard,

I have been using e-gold for 6 years and so far (touching head as no other wood close enough :-) ) not had a problem.

Yes I agree they should be more active in recovering stolen funds, however by using thier account sentinel options and having a password that is at least 15 long and 2 email addresses in your account also that have equally long passwords on them you "should" be reasonably safe.

+0
Pauline Lutes

106 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/15/2006 12:41:48 AM

Hi Bj,

Thanks, I will look forward to your future posts, they are very interesting and informative.

Pauline L.

Pauline Lutes http://LeadingEdgeNetwork.biz Gratitude should not be an occasional incident, but a continuous attitude.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/15/2006 12:47:11 AM

Ok If I dont respond to each individual post do not take offence.

I want this thread to be easy reading and concentrating on the usefull information.

Dont forget many of you have a lot more friends on your lists than I do  so be a friend to them and next time you send out a direct contact add a little note and point them here. They will appreciate it I am sure and it could be because of your doing that they will be saved from the loss of funds to some low life hacker.

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/15/2006 2:00:53 AM
hi,
these people are really ill. they cause so much destruction then laugh about it while we try to salvage what we can, thank you so much for this forum. i would like to ad this. always back up everything. it is so important.
nan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!