Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adventist Belief Number 28 - Bonus - The New Earth
11/10/2006 4:17:21 PM

Hi My Friends,

This is the termination of the beliefs of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I hope that maybe someone learned something here. I would appreciate your input on whether you considered it helpful or not. Thanks, and have a great weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

28. New Earth:
On the new earth, in which righteousness dwells, God will provide an eternal home for the redeemed and a perfect environment for everlasting life, love, joy, and learning in His presence. For here God Himself will dwell with His people, and suffering and death will have passed away. The great controversy will be ended, and sin will be no more. All things, animate and inanimate, will declare that God is love; and He shall reign forever. Amen. (2 Peter 3:13; Isa. 35; 65:17-25; Matt. 5:5; Rev. 21:1-7; 22:1-5; 11:15.)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventist Belief Number 28 - Bonus - The New Earth
11/10/2006 4:40:24 PM

Hi Jim,

I have really enjoyed your postings.

The only contact that I have had with Seventh Day Adventism  before was with a very beautiful disabled young black lady. I had a very soft spot for her but her parents wouldnt allow her friends outside the church. Her home was near my work but a long commute from my home so the friendship went nowhere. She was very calm, pretty and quiet (all the things I'm not). This was years ago before I met and married my wife Angela.

I have learned that we are not SO different in the things we believe.

The new Earth you speak of. Do you consider this to be here on earth or elsewhere e.g. heaven?

Thanks again Jim, this has kindled an interest in different viewpoints.

Roger

+0
11/10/2006 6:35:41 PM

Hello, Jim!

Thanks for sharing your beliefs with us.  I really enjoyed reading them and taking the opportunity to express and explain my version of Christianity, which is Presbyterian.  A lot of people think we are low-key, but it's not really that...we're more interested in teaching people how to be a good Christian rather than focusing on the fact that we're all sinners.  Yes, we all fall short of the Glory of God, but He loves us and gave us Jesus to teach us how to be good and faithful believers.

Thanks for the forum.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2006 12:36:12 PM
Hi Jim yes it was nice to come here and exchange notes, and share ith you and also read what others had to share. Blessings Pauline R
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/11/2006 8:18:36 PM

Hi Roger, it's interesting that you should bring up this topic about dating. It was not mentioned in our beliefs, however, we do have very strickt (sp) guidelines for developing relationships.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!