Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Ebay questions
11/4/2006 5:39:13 PM
In about 25 hours my first auction will be over. I sure hope for more activity than I've had so far. :) Here's a few things I would like to know from those who have sold anything at Ebay before. Did you promote your auction? If so, how? What is the best amount of days? I chose 7 which was default, but if all the action is on the last day or last hour, why spend x amount of days waiting? Are you allowed to contact other Ebay members? Can I contact them and say: "I see you are selling this item, and I think you could be interested in the item I'm selling which is in the same category" If I don't get answers to these questions I will find out for myself and post the answers here.
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Re: Ebay questions
11/4/2006 7:28:17 PM

I have sold several things on ebay.  The key feature is really to get your ratings 100%

I do not bother to promote my auctions as it often does not turn enought extra viewers to make it worthwhile.  The only thing that I make sure I always have is a picture showing on the search page so that customers don't have to click on my sale to view the picture.  Often times they won't view it unless you have that picture available then they get curious and open your auction to get a better look.

7 tends to be a generaly good amount of time - gives ebayers time to find yours amongst the many.  If you have something to make a quick sale you may want to do a 3 day sale, but that's your choice. Although I would not go longer then 7 days.

As far as I know messages like that are generaly accepted well.  Ebay is not something where it goes over well.  More often then not if someone has something in your category they will see yours, as sellers tend to skim through their competitors.

Some other auction type sites that you may want to check out are:

www.Vstoreauctions.com

and

www.Myquickbid.net

If you register on my quick bid then please say that 'jkauctions' refered you.

I hope I have been a help to you, any further questions I will answer if I'm able.

For your success

Jared Kuiper

+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/4/2006 8:12:52 PM
Hi Roger,

I don't promote my auctions outside of ebay. 

The cheapest way to attract more viewers and bidders is to add a Gallery photo so that the picture appears in the search results. 

Also, put as much detail about the product you are selling as you can.  Search results are driven by the words used in your listing, so the more words you can use, the more people will find your listing.

For the Michael S after shave, think of all the different ways that people would search for it.  Eg, you could have the words "fragrance", "apres rasage", etc.  Is it a spray or a dab on bottle?  Are there some marketing words on the box you could use?

I would also include the recommended retail price in the text of the auction.

In terms of starting price, you can go two ways.  Start with the lowest amount you would like to get.  This means that if someone wants it for that price, you're both happy.  However, a lower starting price, like $0.01 or $0.99 can attract bids early on.  An item that has bids is more likely to get more bids.  Psycologically, people see that others want it, so they want it too.

7 days is a good time to use.  Use 3 days if you have a popular product that you know will sell.  The latest electrical items for instance.  If I don't know how an item will go, I use 7 or 10 days.  The reason for listing it for 7 or 10 days is to give the item maximum exposure.  Even if all the action happens in the last hour, the extra days give people time to find it and they may watch it for days before bidding.  I've had auctions online for 6 days before getting a bid, then have 10 bids in the last hour.  Also, I've had auctions with 5 to 10 watchers, but the item didn't sell.  I don't know why. 

You can research the products you are selling by searching Completed Items only.  This will show you whether other people have had success selling similar things.  You can also see how many of them sold and how many didn't sell.  What price they went for, and how many bids they got.

I hope this helps.

You aren't allowed to contact other ebay members to ask them to look at your item.  ebay treat that as spam.

Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/4/2006 11:29:42 PM

Did you promote your auction?
If so, how?

The best way to promote an item is to research it first. The easiest way to do this is to look it up first, then go to the left and check off "completed listings" and then hit the button that says "show listings" Once you ahve done this, you can see what other items that are either exactly like you have or close have sold for. Then you can price your item accordingly. Also, you can use other people's ads as templates, but don't copy them word for word.

What is the best amount of days?
I chose 7 which was default, but if all the action is on
the last day or last hour, why spend x amount of days waiting?

I usually set my auctions up for 10 days and set it up for a buy it now and make offers too! You can also set a minimum on the offers to receive. If someone is really interested, they will usually buy it now or make a good offer which you can accept or reject.

Are you allowed to contact other Ebay members?
Can I contact them and say:

"I see you are selling this item, and I think you could be
interested in the item I'm selling which is in the same category"

No! If they are selling the same item, obviously they want to get rid of it, not buy more of the same. Let it run it's course and make it as enticing as you can to the potential buyer!

If I don't get answers to these questions I will find out
for myself and post the answers here.

Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2006 1:24:12 AM
Hello Roger...I have and do the Ebay auctions...one of the key things is the catogory and the description and price that you offer to sell...I have played with all these and found that Ebay people are looking for deals...below price for example..there are many people selling on Ebay...I normally use 7 days...but I have started using the Buy Now Price which normally a little higher than the start bid...and the Buy Now Price has worked for me..many want to buy now and not wait the auction period...just a few hints that I have learned...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!