Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Scott Obrien

163 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: My first Ebay Auction
10/30/2006 8:55:28 PM

Hey Roger,

I have used ebay for years and have had great success. I am a Power Seller which means you need an excellent rating and you need to meet a sales quota every month.

One thing I would do if I were you wuld be to find some really cheap things to buy, under $1. This will give you a few feedbacks. People are more likely to bid with sellers who good feedback ratings. In your case , just starting out, it's 0.

Another good source I use is www.Auctiva.com - this is a FREE service. It allows you to add templates to your auction and up to 8 pictures for FREE where ebay will charge you for this. This will give your ad a little jazz. It also alows you to schedule the start time for free and ebay charges for that too. I always schedule my auctions to start and end about 9pm EST. This is when the most people are on ebay. Sundays are the best days to list auctions for me, but it depends on what you're selling too. Perfume may be good any night.

Starting an auction at one penny is good, you will get a lot of traffic, but maybe consider starting auctions at $6.99 - $9.99 and offer FREE shipping. People love FREE shipping and with Christmas Coming - eBay promotes auctions that offer free shipping too. You can save money by using ebay's shipping service too. Free tracking id's and if you use Priority Mail, there's Free boxes available through eBay or USPS.

Well I probably could write a book about eBay, but I think I gave you a lot to digest already, so feel free to pick my brain anytime.

Good Luck - I wish you success.

Kris @('0')@                                                                                             HOME SUCCESS

Looking for Leaders to earn $100K in 15 months! Plus a New Car and 4 Luxury Vacations per Year! No Experience Necessary... We will train You & Your Team. Are You ready to Live the Dream? Vite: www.MoreOrLessAbout.com Today!
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/30/2006 9:29:05 PM
Yes, I have over 1,400 feedbacks on EBay and if you want to see the cell phone ad I have running now, look me up. My Ebay ID is cellphones2u and if you look at my feedback, look at the items I bought and sold there for a format too. Tom :o)
Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2006 2:11:44 AM
Hi Laura, Hard to ask questions, except for the obvious. How can I edit: "Ships to: United States"? If you, or anyone else, can take a look and spot errors it would be highly appreciated.
Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2006 2:14:13 AM
Hi Andrew, Thank you. :) I hope you win too. Had to think about RRP for a while.. ;) Is there a spot for it or should I put it anywhere?

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2006 2:25:11 AM
Hi Kris, I understand the ratingsystem, although I haven't looked too closely at the specifics yet. Power Seller eyh.. :) Cheap things for me to buy or for me to sell? I have my mind set on what to sell and although they are not originally "cheap" they will go for whatever bids I get, which could be very low. Auctiva sounds interesting. I will look at that. Free shipping sounds like a good idea, which I will try. (atleast once) Using eBays shipping service sounds a little difficult? Haven't seen them around here lately? Thanks for taking the time. :)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!