Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Online Forums: Your SS# and other info SOLD!
10/28/2006 9:22:42 AM

As you will plainly see I am furious because of the article below.  I'm sick of people being victimized and finding out the coverage they had - if they had any at all - SUCKS and didn't really do a thing for them when it came down to it. 

After reading just a few of these words, some of you will be smart,  take positive action and really get the full protection your self-respect demands.

But sadly, many, many more will try to hide behind endless excuses such as "I'm covered", knowing full well you don't have the coverage you should have. And you'll feel that sickness in the pit of your soul because you're running again from taking responsibility for your own self.  You'll sneak away from this post and try to forget it as quickly as you can. You may even resent me for posting it in the first place.

But fortunately, I'm not here to win any popularity contests. 
I'm here to help people - that's it!
I WILL NOT BE GUILTY of not telling you what you need to know.   I'm a young woman with cancer and I want to leave something good & valuable behind when it's my time to go.  I am not playing games here.

Screwing around and not protecting your identity is NOT a game.  

Many of us spend an enormous amount of time here at Adland chatting with others, "building relationships" - that's all well & good... and a must.  But don't neglect to safeguard your own life. When your identity is stolen, trust me, NO ONE... NO ONE  here will have the ability to help you if you don't help yourself - first.   You won't be able to go to a single soul you're chatting with now and get the help you need to get your life straightened back out after you're victimized. 

You've seen me here trying in various forums to drum it into your head the importance of having self-respect and protecting your identity.  Whether you think there is a threat to you by ID thieves or not, no one's fooled.  The thieves certainly are not.  They're hoping you'll continue to make it easy for them to screw you up.

THIS CRIME IS NOT GOING AWAY. 
WE ARE ALL VULNERABLE. 
If you don't have
the most and the best coverage available anywhere, then you don't have enough coverage at all. Believe that.

DO NOT think I'm just trying to sell you my service.
I wouldn't give a damn about this service and wouldn't dare market it to you if I didn't KNOW from research and study of other similar products that it beats ALL the others hands down.  I wouldn't dare go with 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best when it comes to MY identity and I wouldn't market inferior services to you, either.  My own reputation & credibility would be chopped to pieces if I did that, wouldn't it?  I'm not interested in doing that to myself.

Spend 0.43 cents a day on yourself to get the most valuable and comprehensive coverage available in the United States or you might as well sell yourself to the lowest bidder.  It's already happening. 

If you wouldn't sell your SS# for any amount of money, what are you saying if you won't protect it
either for 0.43 cents a day?  Does that really make any sense whatsoever to you? 

Don't send me any hate mail because it'll make you feel better to get back at me for this in-your-face "heads-up". 
I know what the excuses mean. I've heard them a thousand and one times - and they don't count for anything.  You can even campaign to have me banned from Adland for being harsh - I won't care more than I care about you right now.  Being sweet won't help a single solitary soul, because you won't hear the message. 

Whatever you decide or decide not to do, the day WILL come and you WILL know that I tried to tell you...
Protect yourself.  Have peace of mind. That's your ONLY responsibility.  Please don't learn the hard way - it's not worth it to lose your identity over investing 0.43 cents a day.  It would really be sad.  And you know it.

If you want to talk to me about help, call me toll free.
I'll even pay for the call - 866-299-0261. 
But I'm not wasting my time, energy or money on griping.  I'm offering POSITIVE RESULTS FOR YOU if I'm going to spend what little energy I have on the phone or any other activity.  
Please be understanding of that.

The following is NOT an isolated incident.
It's happening every single day!

Reported Friday, October 06, 2006

Manager Commits SSN Identity Theft Against His Own 200,000 Patients

According to a November 2005 survey, 67 percent of
Americans are concerned about the privacy of their
personal health information and are mostly unaware
of their rights.

With good reason, take for example a former manager of
a California medical group who was arrested earlier this
year after stealing
a DVD containing confidential data of
200,000 patients.

That identity thief was not some common street criminal
doing dumpster diving, but rather
a trusted branch
manager
for a medical services company servicing
hundreds of doctors

As part of the patient data on the stolen DVD, later recovered
by the FBI, it included:

• Patient Names
  • Addresses
  • Phone Numbers
  • Dates of Birth
  • Social Security Numbers (ssn)
  • Medical Diagnoses
  • Medical Procedures performed
However, as in court documents obtained, we learned this
"inside man" was later revealed to have been associated
with a number of other thefts revealing a pattern of larceny
we've concluded medical data is a prime target for
criminals

There's no limit to the amount of damage which could have
been done had it been proven this identity thief uploaded all
of that patient data to the various online forums
he
hawked his stolen goods with.

Other medical identity thieves, who evidently were never caught,
have had an even larger impact. For example, how about the 1.4
million California's recieving in-home care whose social security
numbers and dates of birth (dob) were exposed when a Cal-Berkeley
researcher's computer was accessed by a hacker.

Or, how about the 145,000 UCLA blood donor's whose names,
dates of birth, and social security numbers (ssn) were on
a laptop stolen.

So, our tip for the day is to arm yourself against the organizations
which may still have more careful medical identity thieves quietly
stealing your data and selling it to the highest bidder.

You have the right to protect your personal information.

Get yourself enrolled in 
QUALITY MONITORING & RESTORATION
service.  Make sure you check out your medical information profile and
request your personal information from medical providers so
that you have a personal backup file just in case it's ever stolen
by an identity thief and you need to prove the accuracy of your
data.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!