Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adventist Belief Number 24 - Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary
10/27/2006 10:22:42 PM

On October 22, 1844, early Adventist believers miscalculated the second coming of Christ, known as the "Great Disappointment." It was then determined, that this was the time that Christ entered into the second and last phaise of His atoning ministry. It is believed that we are now in the period following the 2300 days of prophetic timeline known as the "End of Time."  Please share your comments concerning this issue!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:
There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent. (Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

+0
Re: Adventist Belief Number 24 - Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary
10/27/2006 11:36:09 PM

Interesting.

I do not believe it is within Man's power or gifts to predict or calculate the 2nd coming of Christ.  This will happen only when God chooses.  The best we mere humans can do is adhere to Christ's teachings and be ready for the rapture.

I believe that salvation is for all who believe Christ is the only son of God and the Saviour and he was crucified, died and was resurrected for our sins.  Of course, we do have to do our part by continually trying to live in grace.

I do enjoy having an opportunity to have an open and friendly discussion of a wide variety of beliefs.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2006 12:33:06 AM

Kate, if you look in Daniel 8:14 you will see where the 2300 days came from. The book of Daniel is prophetic and it coincides with the book of Revelation in the New Testament. It can be very confusing because everything is in prophetic words. If you don't understand the meaning of it, it is very easy to be misled!

+0
10/29/2006 5:50:31 AM

I'll look it up as soon as I have my cup of coffee.  It might capacitate my brain.

Kate

PS  No guarantees on my brain function...right now it's just doing the basics.

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2006 6:35:04 AM
Hi Jim, There are many prophecies coming to pass, and manymore unfolding, the wise will see and know. It is very interesting, cos when I read the news or see it on tv...the words of these prophecies ring loud n clear...it has all been written and it will come to pass.what ever be the time let all who believe, be saved and be ready, to me thats all that matters....! thanks for the invite, stay blessed Pauline R
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!